Author Topic: Paramount dumps Tom Cruise: Finally!  (Read 12066 times)

injest

Re: Paramount dumps Tom Cruise: Finally!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 12:03:03 pm »
Hearing about the money actually makes me wonder if Tom is just 'grooming' him to get at his money!

the gay thing not withstanding...there are gold diggers everywhere...

I know Tom has a lot of money but he doesn't strike me as one who ever has enough...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 12:52:26 pm »
Katie, clearly you haven't been reading the same gossip rags as my mum cause James Packer HAS been plagued by gay rumours and has copped them for YEARS!!!! There was some huge scandal with his breakup with Kate Fischer - you might remember they were engaged and then she suddenly and mysteriously "changed her mind" about marrying him and was given $10 million dollars to "never speak about, write about or discuss any aspect of her relationship" with James.  Hmmm....   *raises eyebrows"

And then he married Jodhi Meares, an extremely well-endowed swimsuit model. James virtually gave her unlimited access to the Packer fortune to start her own swimsuit design business - Tigerlily (they have great swimwear actually) and then 2 years after the business was off the ground, James and Jodhi divorced.  Same deal - HUGE sum of cash for Jodhi to never speak about her relationship with James.

Hmmm again... *taps pencil on desk*

Del..  good to be back..  ;D

Very compelling and suspicious Sheyne to be sure...hmmmm.

The only other thing I can think of is that he automatically pays off any woman he's with so that they don't go to the tabloids or write a book about their love life with him.  It may be to save his family reputation from tabloids stories about how he likes to dress in diapers and have his girlfriends spank him or get buttercream baths or etc. 

It may not be about being gay but about just being eccentric.

Sometimes a very wealthy famous man's relationship with women is such that the strength of their love and then friendship is enough to keep them from being sucked in by the tabloids - JFK Jr comes to mind - but sometimes its just hard cash - and a legal release.

Giancarlo

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 02:37:01 pm »
LOL!  And you're not reading my posts either.  I was well aware you said it was one of the factors.  That's why I said you said it had 'something' to do with the break with Paramount.  Not that it was the overweening cause.

We're going to have to agree to disagree about what we each consider 'outrageous'.  His pushing his own religion, getting stupidly overexcited about his lovelife and being egomaniacal is hardly IMO 'outrageous' comparatively speaking.

In my eyes it is, especially when it is getting the media spotlight in the that great amount. I always have maintained it is one of the various causes that made Paramount sever ties with him. And also the fact that an increasing amount of the public is taking a negative viewpoint of the actor personally.

MI:III did not make its budget in the U.S., but it did so handily with overseas business and that wasn't including the DVD sales as I recall reading.

Not exactly. The money made overseas usually stays with the distributors from what I know. Either way, it wasn't that good of a money maker. It didn't make huge amounts of money it should of.