Author Topic: Before Ray's Toons - What did BBM teach you about food + drink?  (Read 3491 times)

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
What did BBM teach you about food + drink?   

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 06:18:02 )    

What do we know about food and BBM (story or movie): -

In cases of extreme grief, offer coffee and cherry cake -

Stud duck is NOT a meal -

Texans don't drink coffee -

Them soup boxes is hard to pack

Others? "

by - nicoleross76 (Wed Mar 8 2006 06:20:45 )

One should never eat animals that they are being paid to guard, no matter how sick of beans one might be. -Nicole

by - ednbarby (Wed Mar 8 2006 06:33:32 )    

When you're truly intimate with someone, eating (and drinking) with them is natural and easy. When you're not, you'd just as soon make a solitary meal of beer and cigarettes.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 06:47:07 )    

Don't let the Fish and Game catch you with an elk out of season.
And nothing tastes as good as barbecued elk when you're eating it with your best buddy!

by - kelda_shelton (Wed Mar 8 2006 06:48:58 )    

eat apple pie to make a girl cry (hah! that rhymes!)

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 06:50:12 )    

No such thing as a non-smoking section anywhere, any time.
Smokes go with everything. 

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 08:03:32 )    

When you're getting paid to guard the sheep, don't eat 'em.

by - Ellemeno (Wed Mar 8 2006 08:26:06 )    

I appreciate you starting this thread, yaadpyar, but I can't eat no cake right now.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 08:32:24 )    

Whiskey is best consumed directly from the bottle.

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 08:37:11 )    

Awwwww, Elle. Hope you're feeling better soon. Your sparkle adds so much to everything you touch. 

by - sfulk (Wed Mar 8 2006 09:05:38 )    

Save your money for your next entry fee, instead of buying clowns named Jimbo a drink.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 09:20:40 )    

Condiment is just a fancy word for ketchup.

by - austendw (Wed Mar 8 2006 10:08:35 )    

When one is living outdoors, drying elk meat not only produces a tasty snack but can give one an elegant decorative scheme for the camp site.

by - meryl_88 (Wed Mar 8 2006 10:15:45 )    

When catchin' brownies it's best to eat 'em right up.

by - lauragigs (Wed Mar 8 2006 10:22:08 )    

Someone on the main board mentioned a BBM-themed party with these drinks: -Cranberry Vodka with a Jack Twist -Ennis del Mar-tinis -Brokeback Mount Gay Rum and Coke (Mount Gay Rum is a real brand!) -Frisky Cowboy Whiskeys
Will report back with recipes when I hear from her!

by - milena-covic (Wed Mar 8 2006 10:27:38 )    

Thanksgiving turkey is easier to carve with an electric knife. It will save an argument about who is the stud duck, but it won't guarantee a happy thanksgiving meal if you're away from your loved one.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 10:28:19 )    

Brokeback Mount Gay Rum and Coke (Mount Gay Rum is a real brand!) Sounds like an answer for "Before and After" on Jeopardy! 8^D Jeff

by - lauragigs (Wed Mar 8 2006 10:33:47 )    

Try not to ridicule a guy with an electric carving knife, even though you wouldn't be caught dead with one.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:00:20 )    

Corn on the cob is best when it's cooked by your best buddy over an open campfire.

by - lnicoll (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:03:06 )    

Supper on the stove can only be served by a woman.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:06:14 )    

It is good to remember to bring home some round steak.

Small children should be kept away from stacked jars of peanuts.

by - lnicoll (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:13:17 )       

Little boys from Texas who sound like they are from Scranton eat cereal and peaches on Thanksgiving. (slightly borrowed from Cowboy Etiquette and modified with Pierre's answer to the Bobby's bowl question)

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:18:31 )       

Baked beans taste best when heated over a campfire and consumed directly from the can.

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:20:54 )    

If you can't cook, you better at least be good with a can opener.

by - sunmoonstars-1 (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:23:08 )    

Beans can be messy.

by - jscheib (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:29:19 )    

The correct term for potato is spud.

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 11:32:48 )    

- Early summer is too early to be sick of beans.

- If you tell your wife you're going fishing, you better bring home some fish.

by - ray-390 (Wed Mar 8 2006 12:10:07 )    

- Never let a turkey carve the turkey. -

Always feed young children a bowl of goop incase the turkey has not been cooked long enough. Their little stomachs cope less with all the throwing up. -

Empty beer bottles always give that uncluttered surface a touch of character. -

When in Mexico, eat Mexican.

by - yaadpyar (Wed Mar 8 2006 12:23:49 )    

When in Mexico, eat Mexican.  I think we've just found a new classic. ray-390?! ray-Nasty!           

by - cmr107 (Wed Mar 8 2006 22:47:15 )    

Milk should always come in powdered form and be accompanied by spuds. 

by - Ellemeno (Wed Mar 8 2006 23:39:01 )    

>> "We could not talk or talk forever." yaadpie, what is your sigline from? It feels like it's ringin a bell. Is it the rich big lipped woman in Best of Show, talkin about her husband?

by - yaadpyar (Thu Mar 9 2006 06:27:37 )     

Ellle - you're good! It is from the scene in "Best in Show" where the voluptuous blonde is talking about how great her relationship with her wheel-chair bound, ancient husband is:  Sherri Ann Cabot: Leslie and I have an amazing relationship and it's very physical, he still pushes all my buttons. People say 'oh but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.  As she's saying this, they show him in his wheelchair, essentially unresponsive, and looking about 150 years old, and she's having a hard time coming up with anything to say. I love this scene and movie, and thought I'd put some levity in my on-line life with a different signature. Thanks for asking, ma'am. "We could not talk or talk forever."

by - RouxB (Thu Mar 9 2006 08:37:39 )    

Always keep extra smokes in your shirt pockets-it will allow you to spend more nookie time with your secret, true love.

by - ptannen (Thu Mar 9 2006 08:43:31 )    

"When one is living outdoors, drying elk meat not only produces a tasty snack but can give one an elegant decorative scheme for the camp site. "
 I love it, David!! Interior decorating for the Great Outdoors!
 Pete

by - ptannen (Thu Mar 9 2006 08:47:40 )       

When eating a piece of pie in a bus station, keep a close eye on it. If you don't, it could get bigger while your are not watching it.

by - austendw (Thu Mar 9 2006 08:58:01 )    

Interior decorating for the Great Outdoors LOL! You betcha!

by - lucise (Thu Mar 9 2006 09:53:38 )    
 Hi yaadpyar!!! I am here at last!!
<< Re: What did BBM teach you about food + drink? >>

When in doubt, DRINK BEER!

by - starboardlight (Thu Mar 9 2006 10:01:14 )       

" When one is living outdoors, drying elk meat not only produces a tasty snack but can give one an elegant decorative scheme for the camp site. _I love it, David!!"
 Interior decorating for the Great Outdoors! 
lol. how soon before that shows up on Queer Eyes?

by - starboardlight (Thu Mar 9 2006 10:03:17 )    

In Texas, it only takes 3 hours to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner.

by - lucise (Thu Mar 9 2006 12:35:09 )    
 I'll ramble on some more: :) -

Ennis makes an order for soup 'Cause Jack has thrown him in a loop;
Ennis sautees elk meat while Jack bitches and takes a seat;
Jack peels some spuds while Ennis washes off suds; J
ack is no good with a can opener and yes, that's a no-brainer! ... and ... -

It always Better Be Bettermost Baked Beans Baby!

by - yaadpyar (Thu Mar 9 2006 12:38:40 )    
 Hi Lucise!!!!!         
 Welcome, welcome, welcome. Was wondering if you'd come. Pull up a chair. Sit and visit with us a spell. Want some coffee, don't ya? Piece a cherry cake? Think you'll really enjoy the company over here - lots of good folks, including you now! Oh - and nice rhyming, by the way. It's hard to do with food.

by - lucise (Thu Mar 9 2006 12:42:44 )    

Cheers yaadpyar!! I am here!! Thanks!! Of course I was going to join you all here! A troll-free BBM site is such a wonderfully refreshing idea, it is irresistible! I am glad to be here!!

by - newyearsday (Thu Mar 9 2006 12:53:17 )    

Just because you say you are good with a can opener doesn't mean you actually are good with one.

by - newyearsday (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:03:17 )       

--Whiskey is preferable to water when you've come upon a bear. -

-Coyotes with big balls may be able to eat camels.

--After your long commute, when you get home, always test the coffee pot with the back of your hand and look under the lid before consuming (and bitch as much as possible while doing the above).

--When drinking with a friend, it's nice to serve your buddy their whiskey in a metal cup so you can keep drinking from the bottle.

by - Chanterais (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:07:03 )    

You don't eat with your eyes.

Beer makes a very good breakfast.

Screw-top white wine is classy.
Spitting into your coffee cup is not classy.

A coyote may have balls the size of apples, but they are not apples. They make very bad pie.

And that line about "When in Mexico, eat Mexican" is my single favourite post of the last week. Sheer brilliance.

by - ray-390 (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:13:50 )    

Always follow accusations of Rodeo Cowboys being all F kk ups with a loud slurp from your tin cup. This will garentee a raucous clown dance and YeeHaw from your drinking buddy.   

by - jscheib (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:16:51 )    

If you're a poor shot with a rifle, be prepared to stick with beans.

by - lucise (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:17:34 )    

<< A coyote may have balls the size of apples, but they are not apples. They make very bad pie. >> LOL!! Oh gosh! :D -

yaadpyar (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:17:58 )     

Ya'll, and I mean ALL ya'll, are brilliant!  A coyote may have balls the size of apples, but they are not apples. They make very bad pie.     

by - newyearsday (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:21:43 )    

Why breastfeed when you've got two whole boxes of formula waiting in the car?

by - TheStudDuck (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:26:20 )    

If you select the jar of nuts on the bottom (were they nuts?) be prepared to see them all over the floor.

You have to take "a good bite" before you may be excused.

Oh, and if you eat crayons, you're in luck... they are actually available at the supermarket! 

by - newyearsday (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:28:30 )    

It might be bad luck to start humming "The Streets of Laredo" when you're on your way home from getting the weekly groceries.

Pie is a poor substitute for true love.

by - yaadpyar (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:47:07 )    

Very sad cowboys eat apple pie.

Hey Jenny - what's this about?  It might be bad luck to start humming "The Streets of Laredo" when you're on your way home from getting the weekly groceries.

by - TheStudDuck (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:49:11 )    

I think that is the song he is humming right before he comes upon the bear.   

by - newyearsday (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:51:52 )       

Yeah, David's right. Or so they say...I don't know the song well and can only hear a few notes. Something to look/listen for next time!

by - Julie01 (Thu Mar 9 2006 13:58:44 )    

If you use an electric knife to carve the turkey in 1977, everybody who was alive then will laugh at you in 2006. Except me. Never had one.

by - newyearsday (Thu Mar 9 2006 14:01:44 )       

When your heart is aching, sitting alone on a hill and chewing a stalk of wheat is a good way to get your boyfriend to play with you. 

by - ray-390 (Thu Mar 9 2006 14:02:35 )       

Hahahaha. Indeed. They were more trouble than they were worth. It was like taking to the bird with a chainsaw. You would spend the rest of the day chipping fowl off the ceiling. (We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving but Xmas would see a turkey blizzard)

Coyote balls-=-    
 by - Julie01 (Thu Mar 9 2006 14:08:25 )       

What the--did someone tryto make pie out of them?

by - Rontrigger (Thu Mar 9 2006 14:29:14 )

--When drinking with a friend, it's nice to serve your buddy their whiskey in a metal cup so you can keep drinking from the bottle. And even nicer when that buddy, as almost always, says "thank you."

by - milena-covic (Thu Mar 9 2006 14:41:38 )       

* Always keep a cool head when peeling spuds, and pretend you don't know the man of your dreams is just behind you stark naked.

* It is alright to smoke while preparing a meal.

Re: Coyote balls-=-    
 by - Chanterais (Thu Mar 9 2006 15:16:44 )    

I did. Coyote Ball Pie is not as good as it sounds, believe me. I've got to stop getting my recipe tips from Westerns. I'm still recovering from those "Blazing Saddles Beans" I made last week.

Re: Coyote balls-=-    
 by - yaadpyar (Thu Mar 9 2006 19:44:59 )    

A coyote may have balls the size of apples, but they are not apples. They make very bad pie. Coyote Ball Pie is not as good as it sounds, believe me. I've got to stop getting my recipe tips from Westerns. I'm still recovering from those "Blazing Saddles Beans" I made last week.  Man-o-man, Chanterais - Remind me NEVER to eat at your house.

by - EnnisLovesJack (Thu Mar 9 2006 19:50:40 )    

When sharing campfire confidences, hold whiskey bottle as close to lips as possible as you speak.

by - gpm497 (Fri Mar 10 2006 08:33:49 )       

this was hilarious, thank you everyone

by - TheStudDuck (Fri Mar 10 2006 08:39:31 )       

When sharing campfire confidences, hold whiskey bottle as close to lips as possible as you speak.  HAHAHAHAHA!!! It's funny 'cause it's true.   

by - RingerFanatic (Fri Mar 10 2006 12:09:21 )       

This is possibly the funniest and best message board so far....next to the one titled "Would You Give Up Your Life for BBM?" and "The Meaning of Elk Meat".

by - yaadpyar (Fri Mar 10 2006 12:50:52 )       
 UPDATED Fri Mar 10 2006 13:00:51

- When you're pitching a pup tent on the QT, groceries come once a week via a Basque shepherd. -

On you're way back from getting your groceries from a Basque shepherd, don't let the horses get spooked by a bear, or it's nothing but beans 'till next week. -

If you don't get all the groceries on your list, indicate your displeasure by mumbling slightly and handing over next week's list. That'll show 'em!

by - lnicoll (Sat Mar 11 2006 05:20:31 )       

7-Up is the preferred beverage on July 4th; white wine at Thanksgiving (and to celebrate engagements); whiskey while camping; and beer any other time.

by - fernly (Sat Mar 11 2006 22:13:39 )             

from the story:
Hey, cowboy, those gut cramps you got so bad? Wasn't cause of somethin you ate at that place in Dubois. "

by - fernly (Sat Mar 11 2006 22:15:19 )            

Miss Annie's Cure for Gut Cramps:
 Don't let him out a your sights.

by - Ellemeno (Sat Mar 11 2006 22:16:35 )       

>> Miss Annie's Cure for Gut Cramps: [Ellemeno can't stop laughing to type.]

by - ray-390 (Sun Mar 12 2006 13:18:01 )       

things that go BUMP    

by - EnnisLovesJack (Mon Mar 13 2006 11:18:39 )       

Ennis, girls don't fall in love with Apple pie   

by - davidinhartford (Mon Mar 13 2006 11:42:31 )       

Oh wait, that isn't right? LOL

by - EnnisLovesJack (Mon Mar 13 2006 12:05:35 )    

Apple pie will make girls cry.

Beans make good courtin' food.

Elk is a delicacy best consumed on the QT with a soon-to-be lover.

Peeling spuds may or may not ease sexual frustration.

Pies are reserved for moments of serious reflection and soul searching; cakes are for times of mourning, when they are offered but not consumed.

Coffee is appropriate for mourning as well as for wedding announcements.

Coffee pots are good for traveling around, and percussion.

by - amy7769 (Mon Mar 13 2006 12:10:40 )    

If your husband is expecting a visit from his long-lost "fishing buddy" that you never heard about before in your life, make sure you get that babysitter and make dinner reservations FOR THREE PEOPLE at the "Knife and Fork" restaurant well in advance, so as to thwart any attempt on the part of your husband to "go off drinkin' and get to talkin" with said fishing buddy.

by - ray-390 (Mon Mar 13 2006 12:20:31 )    Ignore this User | Report Abuse   

Coffee pots are good for traveling around, and percussion LOL

by - EnnisLovesJack (Mon Mar 13 2006 14:15:13 )    

thanks, ray. always does my heart good when i make someone laugh. 

by - EnnisLovesJack (Mon Mar 13 2006 17:41:44 )    

"Would You Give Up Your Life for BBM?" and "The Meaning of Elk Meat".  Can you post links to these? I missed them, but don't wanna miss out! Thanks, Ringer.

by - RingerFanatic (Mon Mar 13 2006 19:41:53 )       

I tried to locate those threads by looking in my response outbox, but it's not there. I saw those threads in the main BBM board. It's pretty old, so you'd have to go through a whole bunch of messages to get it them. The "Giving up your Life" thread was pretty goofy. Everyone basically responded with "Um..no". LOL. The Elk thread was pretty interesting though. A couple people made funny comments about how elk meat is good for decorating ideas. But then some posters went waaaay into the symbolism of the elk meat and how the raw meat hanging out in the wind was like their love...or something funny like that. It just made me laugh.

by - EnnisLovesJack (Mon Mar 13 2006 20:37:46 )    

Thanks fr the recap, Ringer. Next best thing. "

by - Shuggy (Mon Mar 13 2006 22:35:13 )    

Mount Gay Rum and Coke (Mount Gay Rum is a real brand!)  When Parliament passed the Homosexual Law Reform Act in 1986, I presented the MP responsible with a bottle of Chateau Gay.

BBM Food + Drink - The Toontorial!    

by - ray-390 (Tue Mar 14 2006 00:42:02 )       

Hey guys. For a bit of fun I have quickly cartooned a couple of your comments. I didn't draw many as I got carried away as it is. Your welcome to have a look, (and hopefully a giggle), if you wish. Thatnks for the laughs. http://spaces.msn.com/rayart/PersonalSpace ~

by - Ellemeno (Tue Mar 14 2006 01:34:35 )    

Wow, Ray. It must be great to have that kind of talent. My favorite is Chanterais's pie. I love your photos too. And the Jake & Peter photo. What IS he doing?

by - yaadpyar (Tue Mar 14 2006 04:34:52 )       

Ray - these are so fantastic!! Perpahs you'd just start a new thread with a link to this. It's too funny. You're so talented, and of course, I love the subject matter.    And, by the way, you look very cute in your picture. 

by - cmr107 (Tue Mar 14 2006 07:09:14 )       

Ray, those are great!  Courtney

by - ray-390 (Tue Mar 14 2006 12:53:07 )       

Thanks for looking at them guys. I just saw the Chez Tremb Toons thread. You're all quite mad!  Hope you got a giggle. You really are some wonderfully humourous folk.                

on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: Before Ray's Toons - What did BBM teach you about food + drink?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 01:10:39 am »
Simply wonderful.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 06:05:58 am »
...as YaadPyar reads, Barbara Striesand's song "The Way We Were" begins to swell in the background, reminding her of the heady intoxication and innocence of our PT days at IMDb, when we thought the world was ours forever.

Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were Lyrics

Memories,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were

Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?

Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...

The way we were...
The way we were...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 04:13:32 pm »
Rays pictures were posted somewhere weren't they? Does anyone know where?

I had a look on his site www.rayart.com.au but dont see them.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/