Author Topic: Review for This week in Entertainment  (Read 2595 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Review for This week in Entertainment
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:14:46 pm »

Universal Home Entertainment
DVD
Despite its widespread popularity, not everybody visited “Brokeback Mountain” last year. The subject matter – two cowboys share a tent, and each other -– may have scared off a few people who weren’t really sure how they feel about that sort of thing. But now “Brokeback Mountain” is on DVD, so it can be viewed in the privacy of one’s home. The disc includes interviews with three Oscar winners –- director Ang Lee and screenwriters Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana –- plus a making-of featurette. So get the gang together, order some beer and pizza, flick on the plasma, and treat yourself to a sad and tragic tale of two men torn apart by love. Better yet, watch it with that special someone, whomever he or she might be. It’s better than someone you know catching you sobbing in the theater. (Universal Home 

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: Review for This week in Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:16:36 pm »
every time I read about the special features I just get so sad...  :'(

I wish there were more!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:16:57 pm »
..or watch it alone so you don't get annoyed by someone eating, making noises, talking, etc, ETC, ETC!!!! >:(

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 08:19:57 pm »
LOL! too true Brandon... I'll be happy just to watch it without someone kicking the back of my chair for a change!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 09:32:55 pm »
get the gang together, order some beer and pizza, flick on the plasma, and treat yourself to a sad and tragic tale of two men torn apart by love.

LOL, yeah, and while you're watching it, don't forget to answer the phone, fold some laundry, tip the pizza guy, make many trips to the fridge for more beer, and chat with your "special someone". Oh, and pause the film as many times as you wish. This way you can make sure you'll miss ALL the great things about it, and tomorrow at work, complain you don't get what the big deal was about this film, 'cause it was pretty boring.

Whoever wrote this review thinks "Brokeback Mountain" should be watched like one of those "National Lampoons" films.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 09:34:43 pm by monimm18 »
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 09:42:42 pm »
:D I know right?