Author Topic: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....  (Read 19873 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....
« on: August 30, 2006, 09:11:05 am »
I saw something on another thread today, about something embarrassing that happened to someone, and I thought a thread on "embarrassing moments" might be something interesting.....

When somethin embarrassing happens to us, it is not very funny at the time, but usually we laugh about it later.....

So if anyone has some "embarrassing moments" they would like to share, please post them.....

Now I am sitting here trying to think of one of my own, to start this off, but I cant think of anything .........well how embarrassing is that.......uh...oh.....(well there's a little moment, at least).......

Come on, I'm sure this thread could become quite amusing.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:31:28 pm »
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? Why do you suppose it';s my most embarassing moment? Cause i want everyone to know about it? 49 years ago...still takes the cake.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:01:57 pm »
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? Why do you suppose it';s my most embarassing moment? Cause i want everyone to know about it? 49 years ago...still takes the cake.

??? :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 07:16:33 pm »
Hmmmm...

Hell Katie, I'm going to have to think about this for awhile.

I've had so many embarrassing moments in my life I'm not sure which I would consider the MOST embarrassing.

These may not be the most embarrassing, but I can think of a few bad ones...

Walking into a closed door at a fast food restaurant. We were leaving and I forgot to open the door first. It didn't hurt me but it made one hell of a noise and everybody looked at me and laughed.  >:(

Falling into a canal during an overseas vacation. There was a tour group walking nearby and a few of them walked over and fished me out.  :(

I was attacked by a Canadian goose once as I was walking from my car to the store. I guess I ventured too close to the nest and the goose jumped on my back and began beating me with its' wings. Once again, there were people close by and they all saw it.

Getting stuck in the bathroom of an airplane. The door lock jammed and I couldn't get it opened. I was stuck in there for about 20 minutes. It took two or three of the flight attendants and somebody from the cockpit to get the door opened. Why? I don't know!  Some of the passengers applauded when the door was finally opened. It was a very long flight too. I didn't use the restroom again until we reached the airport.

Oh God. The movie theater. Yep. This is a bad one. I got up to use the restroom or go to the concession stand or something, returned to my seat and gave my lover a little "hello, I'm back" squeeze on his leg. Only I sat down with the wrong group of people. I guess it was too dark and I couldn't see. He didn't get mad at me, but I don't think he appreciated the squeeze on his leg very much.

I got lost in a parking lot once.... well more than once actually. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot and onto the street. I kept circling around and around looking for the little exit thingy so I could get to the street and the traffic light. Finally a security guard pulled me over. The really embarrassing part of this was I had some out of town friends in the car with me at the time. They had it all figured out but for some reason they didn't say anything to me. I am terrible with directions.

My car began backfiring during a funeral procession once. It kept doing it all the way to the cemetery. When I looked in my rear view mirrow I could see the people behind me jump everytime the car backfired.

A bird crapped on me as I was walking into church once. I noticed people laughing at me during Mass and I couldn't figure out why. I didn't know I had bird crap on me until I got back home and saw it in the mirror. He got me good too!  >:(

There are some embarrassing moments you will NEVER hear about Katie.

Anyone else?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 02:55:37 am »
What?? Am I the ONLY ONE willing to make an ass out of myself?

Oh come on folks! Somebody? Anybody?

Katie? What are you doing?

You started this thread. Please don't let me be the only one!  :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 03:14:06 am »

High School: jogging down a hill onto the school oval past a group of guys - one of whom I would love to have impressed. It had been raining.  I rolled my ankle on a little hole in the ground, I stumbled most ungraciously, tripped on my own feet and then to add insult to serious injury, I hit a muddy slick and fell face first, sliding with my gym skirt up around my shoulders aaaaaall the way to the bottom of the hill when I landed - still face first, ass in the air - into a puddle of water.

The boys laughed and clapped for over a minute, I'm told. I was utterly mortified and ran for the toilets where I remained for the rest of the day.  :laugh:  It took me a great many years before I could laugh about it.
Chut up!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 08:43:38 am »
At my first job out of college, a girl I had come to be good friends with sent an email to the entire division of the company in which we worked (about 200 people) announcing that she was moving back to her home town to be closer to her family and taking another job.  I meant to respond just to her, but I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the whole division was copied to it.  And I said something to the effect of, "I'll miss our little chats in the bathroom."  It took about three months to live that one down.

(Hey, in my defense, email was kind of new concept then - this was 1989 - and I was kind of a dork.)
No more beans!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 08:55:53 am »
Cant think of one of my own at the moment...I know there are many but they have slipped my mind..probably filed under "too embarrassing to remember"...but they will pop into my head, and I promise i will share them with you.....

Heres one that happened to my son only the other day....

We own a pet shop and my sons run it, and work in it....Paul sold a labrador puppy to a young lady......she was wearing one of those summer blouses that only have elastic around the top holding it up, no shoulder straps......

Anyway, she was standing at the counter to pay for her puppy, holding it up against her chest, when the puppy got excited and started moving its paws up and down on her....yes you guessed it, he pulled her blouse down, she had her two hands full holding the pup, and there she stood, baring it all.....

My tactful son, didnt know where to look, so like a gentleman, he turned his back to her pretending to move something on the shelf behind him, so she could re-arrange her clothing.........but he had a typical male good old laugh about it after she left......

Offline Katie77

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 08:59:12 pm »
I got this email today, and thought it appropriate to put in this thread...

(just click on the little link "foot in mouth", and it will come up....its funny)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 07:27:53 am »
I had one of those kid moments just the other night.  My husband and son and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant.  We go there/order out from there so often, the waitresses and owner greet us by our first names when we walk in.  Will and I were there early waiting for my husband - he had gone to the gym and wanted to run home and change first, so he was going to meet us.

We were sitting in our booth eating some chips and (yummy, yummy fresh-made) salsa, when this very tall older gentleman walked in, dressed to the nines - he looked like a CEO or something - just had that commanding presence.  He also had a rather prominent beer belly.  Will goes, loudly, "That's a tall man!"  I said, "Yes, that's a tall, nice-looking gentleman."  Then he says, loudly again, "And a fat man!"  It wasn't a question of whether the man heard him - the whole restaurant heard him.  This is a very small place - only five booths along the wall, a couple of tables for two at either end, and a bar.  I leaned in very close and whispered very quietly, "Honey, it's not nice to call people that."  He goes, "What?  Fat?"  Again very loudly.  If we weren't meeting Ed, I'd have taken him out of there.  But all I could do was hope he wouldn't say it again, change the subject and move on.

David, I had a similar parking-lot moment once.  Last Christmas time, I took Will to the mall near where we live, and on a Sunday (what was I thinking???) to pick up a last-minute gift.  I had parked outside the department store I wanted to look for it in, and made careful note of which way my car was facing, etc., going in.  We came out, and it was like my car had disappeared.  Will and I walked up and down the aisles (which were relatively short, at least), and I got more and more frustrated.  The worst part was that this lady was stalking us in her car, trying to get a parking spot because there were none to be found.  I kept waving her off, but she wouldn't relent.  I finally took Will back in the store, thinking my car was really gone (and wanting to get away from her!).  When I went back in the entrance we'd just come out, I realized we came out a different way from how we'd originally gone in.  I went to *that* entrance, and lo and behold, there was my car right where I'd left it.

Talk about being an ass.
No more beans!