Author Topic: Brokie Road Tour!  (Read 4925 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Brokie Road Tour!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 09:53:50 pm »
ooohh, great idea Elle! I just checked the map out and there are quite a few Brokies in Indiana (as well as in Kansas, but I don't think that's in your route.)

You gonna have such a good time!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 11:11:50 pm »
Hey Keren, it's great when you're around.  Have you checked the BetterMost Frappr map?

http://www.frappr.com/bettermost

Thanks, 'meno. Wish you was on my route. I hope to meet you somewhere someday, though.  :)
Great idea on the Frappr map.

And Jenny, you are a gem.

love to all y'all,
Keren
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 11:56:55 pm »
Hello Keren --  in case you see this before the PM I just sent -- I live near Niagara Falls and might be able to meet up with you ... call or PM!   :)  -- Alec
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 04:16:23 pm »
Keren's making her way east--I heard from her this morning in Lincoln, Nebraska. She said she had a great time in both Utah and Wyoming, something folks around here will be glad to hear. I'll let her tell the details when she's up to it and can find a computer. Go Keren!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 02:52:26 pm »
Hey brokies! I've arrived in Boston, moved in with my aunt and uncle, and started my new job. Obviously, the moving out and in, the driving cross-country, having to do all those things you must do when you move to a new state, and starting my new job, have kept me pretty busy. I am waaaaay behind on online communication. I'm looking forward to typing up a travel log of my trip, which was awesome and fun. The experience already has me itching to get back on the road! Soon as I can, I'll wrangle the time to get back here and tell you guys about my trip.

Jenny was awesome and constantly offered her help, which ranged from general support and motherly advice and vicarious experienceing and cheerleading. She even researched drive-ins for us while we were on the road.  We fell behind schedule, though, and did not have time to employ Jenny's great research. My friend and fellow Keren had a flight back to California to catch, and a job to get back to, so we were under deadline.

I am sad to report I met no brokies on this trip. I did come close, though. Alec was very kind and welcoming (we spoke on the phone), and I would have loved to meet him, but sadly, we had to drop Niagra Falls and Toronto from our itinerary (see the previsous parenthetical, re:falling behind). Still, living in Massachusetts, it's not impossibly far away and I hope we can meet up sometime this year (i.e. 06-07). Tried to get together with Celeste in Chicago, hoping at least for a brief meeting; but she was sick, and booked solid between her work and some visiting out-of-town friends, so that was not to be. We did however log several phone calls. I guess we'll have to co-serenade her cat with our Hoehner Little Lady harmonicas another time. The cat is safe, for now.... (What, no evil laugh icon???)

Now that I am an East Coaster, I look forward to meeting some northeastern brokies.

But I'm pleased to report that Keren and Keren had an excellent trip. The reason we fell behind can be summed up in three words: Utah, Wyoming, and lollygagging. I'll be back soon as I can to elaborate. If y'all can stand it, that is...(The elaborating, not the waiting.... ;) )

Thanks to everyone who posted replies, pm'ed me, suggested meeting up, or even just wished us well on our journey.  :-*

Love ya,
Keren
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:57:11 pm by EnnisLovesJack »
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
Here's a teaser for ya:
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 02:55:42 pm »
P.S. I kissed me a bull-ridin' cowboy in Wyoming! Whoo-whee! Yeah!
 :-*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:58:49 pm by EnnisLovesJack »
Jack Nasty loves you!