Author Topic: Quote brokeback!  (Read 3117 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Quote brokeback!
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:40:19 pm »
Ya may run into a friend you didn't think you had; ya may make someone mad; ya may get away with it sneaky-like; someone will probably notice. I Find it easier in posts (like, on the Vintage BasebALL CARD fORUM--The owner is a REALLY NASTY Texan!--I always work a quote into my posts somehiow, and some of the guys have caught on, and like it...woe to me if Leon ever finds out...
Since I don;'t talk muvh like Annie Proulx writes, or liike the guys in the movie talk, the conversation quotes are few and far between.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Kelpersmek

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Quote brokeback!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 12:05:05 pm »
Ya may run into a friend you didn't think you had; ya may make someone mad; ya may get away with it sneaky-like; someone will probably notice. I Find it easier in posts (like, on the Vintage BasebALL CARD fORUM--The owner is a REALLY NASTY Texan!--I always work a quote into my posts somehiow, and some of the guys have caught on, and like it...woe to me if Leon ever finds out...
Since I don;'t talk muvh like Annie Proulx writes, or liike the guys in the movie talk, the conversation quotes are few and far between.

Don't worry.  It's nobody's business but ours.
"RAW PRAWN!!!! ->

Wait, my mistake, it's a lobster.  I love that fic!"
-Merrobot

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Quote brokeback!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 09:56:32 pm »
After 6 hours of working with Microsoft and Comcast to clean out the rusty innards of
my computer, I said both "I could, if I had three hands," and "It ain't right!"
4 hours earlier, I had said, of the same manouver, when she asked me how I did it, "Like Rosemary with the peddle" (you have to have been around for Nixn for that one!)
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters