Author Topic: 48 Days by testa_dura - Now Completed! 11/6  (Read 11493 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: 48 Days by testa_dura
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 07:09:25 am »
This author should be given an award for updating so often! 
 :D

:laugh: Yep, absolutely right, Amanda. Additionally, will be given a "Beautiful morning" award by me.
She always updates when I'm sleeping (that's why you always beat me in announcing a new chapter  ;D). Between sending my eldest child off to school and waking up the other ones I have 20 minutes each morning that I use for my first BetterMost and fanfiction check (talk about being obsessed, lol). Since she updates so often, I have many mornings starting with 48 Days  :).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 06:46:15 am »
Chapter 20:

http://testa-dura.livejournal.com/6012.html

Another long chapter this time  :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 08:23:32 am »
SPOILER

Oh no! Angst!

I thought that perhaps, maybe, Jack overreacted just a tad. He knows Ennis' skittishness. Just because he took the number for the sake of peace, doesn't mean that he ever had any intention of using it.

We'll have to wait the next chapter for some relief (there will be relief I hope).

Karen

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 04:58:13 pm »
***SPOILER***

I thought that perhaps, maybe, Jack overreacted just a tad. He knows Ennis' skittishness. Just because he took the number for the sake of peace, doesn't mean that he ever had any intention of using it.

I'm happy you also think Jack overreacted  :). From the comments on LJ, I thought I was the only one who thinks so.

We'll have to wait the next chapter for some relief (there will be relief I hope).

Me too.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 05:17:56 pm »
Sorry, I have to disagree with you two ladies on this....

Well I have not read the comments in lj, and I am stinky work now, so I cannot, but I do not think Jack over-reacted...

Either they are together, or they're not.  It's about time Ennis got off the pot on this, IMO.

I really like this story, and I think the next couple of chapters are going to be impatient waiting to see what Ennis does next....  Jack is sooooo strong to tell Ennis not to come back until he decides what he wants, Jack just lives and breathes Ennis, and to send him away like that takes a lot of strength.  Poor Jack.

J
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 05:25:46 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline t_wistfulheart

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "Do I really mean that much to him?"
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 07:43:10 pm »
I really like this story, and I think the next couple of chapters are going to be impatient waiting to see what Ennis does next....  Jack is sooooo strong to tell Ennis not to come back until he decides what he wants, Jack just lives and breathes Ennis, and to send him away like that takes a lot of strength.  Poor Jack.

I don't think Jack overreacted, either.  Mainly because this wasn't just about one phone number that Ennis took just to keep up appearances.  It's about whether Ennis really is working toward bringing their two lives together, or not.  Right now, Jack sees Ennis as being willing to do ANYTHING to keep people from knowing that he and Jack are partners.  Jack's afraid that won't ever change.

And yes, the angst will ease up... but not immediately.  It's going to be SO worth it, though.  Ennis needs that bit of angst to make him think - and to help him be honest with himself.  After that, maybe he can make some steps forward.  He really has come a long way, already.   

Looks like we're going to have a lot of Karen's on this thread, huh?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 04:58:46 am »
***SPOILER***

Sorry, I have to disagree with you two ladies on this....

It's okay to disagree  :)

Either they are together, or they're not.  It's about time Ennis got off the pot on this, IMO.

It was already a topic in the afore chapter (19), when Jack is talking to Lureen. I, personally, think Jack is too impatient. Not only with Ennis, but also with himself. He achieved a lot in just one year. A complete new start: new job, new town, found a place for him and Bobby, made friends, did right by Bobby, told Bobby he's gay (and Bobby slowly accepting it). That's a whole lot in only one year, a complete new life, he did it all by himself and he succeeded.

Ennis made a lot of progress, too. They made progress together.

And now Jack breaks the deal  >:( Maybe this a  personal thing, but breaking a deal, breaking a promise is something I can't stand. He promised Bobby and he promised Ennis two years. He wouldn't break his promise to Bobby. Just for the sake of the discussion: imagine Ennis offering living together with Jack in Riverton. Right now, after one year. --> Jack would not do it. Not now, not before Bobby's two years of school are over.
He wouldn't break his deal with Bobby. But he does with Ennis. And with himself.

Ennis needs that bit of angst to make him think - and to help him be honest with himself.  After that, maybe he can make some steps forward.  He really has come a long way, already.   

Maybe that's the way the author writes it. It's up to her, it's her story. I like the story very much, no matter how she will continue.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 08:45:08 am »
Another update!
8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 01:46:48 am »
The last chapters posted today. I hate to see one of my favorite stories come to an end but know it is time.

Thanks Testa_Dura!

O0

Heathen

karen1129

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 10:25:35 pm »
The last chapters posted today. I hate to see one of my favorite stories come to an end but know it is time.

Thanks Testa_Dura!

O0

It looks like Tes will probably write a sequel to this sotry.  I cannot flipping wait.  I love this story.