Author Topic: Hi there! My first BBM anniversary  (Read 6327 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Hi there! My first BBM anniversary
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 03:56:11 pm »
Hi Luigival! Nice to see you here again, and thanks for re-living your anniversary with us....I think it's going to be an intersting fall as we all move towards our first anniversaries with the movie.

What part of Italy are you in again? I am going to Venice in the spring. First trip to Italy and very much looking forward.

Cheers!
Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:02:24 am »
What part of Italy are you in again? I am going to Venice in the spring. First trip to Italy and very much looking forward.

Cheers!
Jenny
Still based in Sardinia - when I'm not travelling, which is quite often! -. You'll definitely love Venice, a dream place with the added bonus of having been BBM's first messenger...
Ciao
Luigi
They were two friends of mine

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 09:12:27 pm »
Can't believe it's already been a year since BBM won the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival!!
I don't know about other countries and their reporting on the festival, but I distinctly remember in the UK on shows like Film 2005 (BBC) and Sky News there was hardly any expectation that BBM would win anything. In fact I remember seeing an interview with George Clooney where the reporter kept hinting that she thought Good Night and Good Luck would pick up some awards, and she kept name-dropping a few other actors/films she thought would win, and Clooney as charming as ever insisted that Brokeback Mountain was the incredible film of the festival! How right he was...! :)

Offline luigival

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 02:01:21 am »
and Clooney as charming as ever insisted that Brokeback Mountain was the incredible film of the festival! How right he was...! :)
You're absolutely right, and it is so incredible that yesterday, after at least two months since I had last watched it, I took an evening to devote to it again.
The result was that it moved and amazed and captured me even more than it had done in the past, and now I'm back with that strangely bittersweet flavour.
I think BBM fever is probably never letting me go anymore: maybe this movie is... too much for me. Wonderful movie!

moremojo

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 01:45:45 pm »
I think BBM fever is probably never letting me go anymore: maybe this movie is... too much for me. Wonderful movie!
Luigi, I've been thinking, in light of Jenny's plan to visit Venice and your reply to that, that this fabled city could just as easily become a site of BBM pilgrimage as any place in Wyoming or Alberta. In a sense, like you say, Brokeback fever took off on a worldwide basis from this very place. And just another reason for folks to go see this very famous city! :)

As for the fever not abating, I certainly hope, in my case, that it never does. It's only been about seven months for me, but I think this film, this story, and these characters will be a part of me for the remainder of my life. Whatever may happen, I take a cue from Story Jack, and say...let be, let be.

Congratulations on your anniversary. I think you must be the doyen of us all in terms of seeing the film for the first time.

Ciao for now,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:16:23 pm by moremojo »

Offline luigival

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 06:24:27 pm »
Luigi, I've been thinking, in light of Jenny's plan to visit Venice and your reply to that, that this fabled city could just as easily become a site of BBM pilgrimage as any place in Wyoming or Alberta. In a sense, like you say, Brokeback fever took off on a worldwide basis from this very place. And just another reason for folks to go see this very famous city! :)

As for the fever not abating, I certainly hope, in my case, that it never does.

Right Scott, I do agree with you and am sure Venice should be considered as a place for BBM pilgrimage as much as Wyoming or Alberta. It was the place that made BBM famous and accepted to the larger crowds.
For sure one thing saddens me, and that is the fact that I only discovered BBM immediately after it had been awarded the Golden Lion in Venice, therefore missing the chance to get there - it's just one hour away by air from where I live - to see it before it actually hit the larger public, and maybe getting in touch with Ang, Jake, Heath, Michelle and Anne. I know I'm just dreaming, but what would be life without dreams?
And I also agree with your second point. I too hope the fever will not be abating, as I need it to warm my soul and only this story has been able to make me revive long forgotten and hidden feelings.
Ciao e a presto,
Luigi