Author Topic: Seattle Tremblayans gather  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Seattle Tremblayans gather
« on: April 03, 2006, 11:51:26 am »
Last night, Angela (Unberlibran), LJ (silkncense), and Clarissa (Ellemeno) went to dinner and a movie.

It was great to sit with other Tremblayans while Our Boys went through the rigors and joys of their lives.  Angela sat in the middle, and a couple of times, she and I exchanged gleeful grins, knowing that we were having a Tremblay moment watching the movie.

We then went to dinner next door, and to show what a diverse group Tremblayans can be, one of us had a mixed drink, one had wine, and the third had a beer.  Never at a loss for words, we went through it all, discussing broad and fine points of all things BBM.   Jack as the wind, the "It's alright"s (some variety of opinion there), the Oscars (pretty much agreement), and which threads are/were our favorites (LJ favors serious discussion, Angela plays the field, and Clarissa loves the ridiculous and the sublime).  We agreed we wanted to get together to watch the DVD and talk (gasp!) during it. 

It was lovely being with two avid, knowledgable Brokies.  Angela was one of the first people I imprinted when I joined TOB in September 2005, and LJ helped recently with various troll-decisions, so I was glad to meet em live.

Clarissa

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Seattle Tremblayans gather
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 11:59:54 am »
How wonderful - I'm a bit envious and happy all mixed together when I hear these stories.  Envious for not being a part of it, and so happy that we are real friends with real connections in the real world. 

Thanks for filling us in.  This is just so cool that we're getting together in all sorts of places with each other, not just on-line.

:angel:
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 12:14:02 pm »
Hey Clarissa - As you can see, I made it over.  

Glad you arranged the movie get together.  It was great to finally have an in-person conversation w/ other Brokies.  Sadly, the next time 'the boys' won't be on the big screen anymore.

PS - I had the beer but I'm usually a mixed drink or wine type!  

PSS Angela, I WILL learn how to use that darn phone!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:56:13 pm by silkncense »
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »
Hi Clarissa and LJ (nice to see you over here at BetterMost, LJ!), I had a great time last night with you two. Being able to see and discuss the movie for the first time with people who are as into it as I am, and knowledgable about many of the nuances in the film was a liberating experience. Always had to conceal my enthusiasm about it with friends and I couldn't ask about minor details with anyone else because others never noticed them. But not the case last night. It was great!

And LJ, I have faith in you being able to figure out that phone! Have you figured out your phone number yet? ;D
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 04:32:24 pm »
Hey, I'm glad to hear you cowgirls got together and had a great time.  Thanks for the nice report.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 11:08:17 pm »
Hey, I'm glad to hear you cowgirls got together and had a great time.  Thanks for the nice report.  :-*
                 hope we can get a northwest brokeback meet together, soon

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:31:57 pm »
                 hope we can get a northwest brokeback meet together, soon

Janice, that would be great.  What are your ideas?