Author Topic: ot: hair and makeup  (Read 3091 times)

Offline grlewis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
ot: hair and makeup
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:10 pm »
hey folks i know i've only met some of you in person, but those of you who do know me know that my hair is so long it hung down below my butt.  yesterday i got a real haircut for the first time in many years.  i have had it trimmed upon occasion, but that's it, it's still been long.  until yesterday, that is.  i got a real haircut so it's just a couple inches below my shoulders.  and i think it looks really good.  so when we meet again, i hope those of you i know will recognize me.....

and when i was at the beauty salon i also had a free makeover.  i'd forgotten how i look with makeup.  i haven't worn it since i retired back in '93.  what a difference it makes, eh?  so i actually put some on today and plan on using it in the future with some regularity.

the new face and the new hair really add to my feeling of well being.  and i am really happy with that.

gr

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: ot: hair and makeup
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 02:18:19 pm »
the new face and the new hair really add to my feeling of well being.  and i am really happy with that.

That's the crucial part of your post. :D It's good to hear this.
Congrats on the new look!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 02:58:48 pm »
hey folks i know i've only met some of you in person, but those of you who do know me know that my hair is so long it hung down below my butt.  yesterday i got a real haircut for the first time in many years.  i have had it trimmed upon occasion, but that's it, it's still been long.  until yesterday, that is.  i got a real haircut so it's just a couple inches below my shoulders.  and i think it looks really good.  so when we meet again, i hope those of you i know will recognize me.....

and when i was at the beauty salon i also had a free makeover.  i'd forgotten how i look with makeup.  i haven't worn it since i retired back in '93.  what a difference it makes, eh?  so i actually put some on today and plan on using it in the future with some regularity.

gr

Hey gr!

I think that's wonderful news - I think that self-care like you're doing can really make a huge difference in how we feel about ourselves - congratulations!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 04:08:08 pm »
Wow, that must be a really big change. Congratulations!

And a free makeover? Just like that? Hmmm, I wish we had them over here too. I've never had one of those.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:20:25 pm »
Ohhh would love to see a photo!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 09:03:19 pm »
Way to go, gr!  I'll bet you feel free as a bird without those long locks.  And I can't imagine going out without makeup; I wouldn't feel quite dressed without a little definition to my eyes and lips.  I'm glad you took the plunge, and I look forward to checking out your new look.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »
Hiya GR!  That's great!  I hope we get to see a pic soon!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 10:20:46 pm »
Hiya GR!  That's great!  I hope we get to see a pic soon!

Me too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"