Author Topic: CRASH ** FAQ ** (*spoilers* moved down to first 'Reply')  (Read 58779 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: CRASH ** FAQ ** (*spoilers* moved down to first 'Reply')
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 09:29:57 pm »
Hey, Bruce!  I remember this thread well, and I remember the poster, who is no longer a regular at IMDB, it seems.  I don't hate the movie Crash, but I can't fathom why it won BP, especially over Brokeback. 

Bruce, it is good to see you in these parts.  We hang out together over on the big board, but I'm glad to see you here.  :-*

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 08:10:45 am »
Hey, Bruce!  I remember this thread well, and I remember the poster, who is no longer a regular at IMDB, it seems.  I don't hate the movie Crash, but I can't fathom why it won BP, especially over Brokeback.  

Bruce, it is good to see you in these parts.  We hang out together over on the big board, but I'm glad to see you here.  :-*

Thanks!

Well, I'm happy to to be back.  I've had a lot going on in real life and I needed to work through some things.  

The OP of this FAQ thread still has an account at IMDb, but s/he doesn't post actively much any more.  I thought this thread was interesting in that it was the only thread about the movie Crash that was as passionate in its analysis of the movie as anyone here has been for BbM.  Although the OP and I don't agree on which movie deserved to win (I_am_RenegadeX having a much higher opinion of the movie Crash than I do, I absolutely think his/her analysis of the movie is very much worth reading, and it should be preserved.  It was for long time the only thread worth reading in that forum.  Now sometimes it seems that most of the threads are either from people who like or hate that Crash beat BbM, or who simply come to slag on the film because it doesn't measure up to their expectations.

I respect the OP for this analysis, because one would hope that any work of art touches someone (if not everyone).  I am also amused by the irony of preserving this thread on a fan board dedicated to Brokeback Mountain!  
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:38 am »
Bruce, it is good to see you in these parts.  We hang out together over on the big board, but I'm glad to see you here.

I haven't figured out who you are over there, but if you would like to drop me a few clues....? :D
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 08:36:17 am »
Hey Bruce, great to hear from you again!  I am so glad you posted this here.  I, like most BM'ers, have an inherent bad taste in my mouth for the movie "Crash".  I've watched it three times, trying to discern what was better about it than BBM, and I've never seen the point.  Perhaps reading through this long explanation will help me.  Thanks, and glad you're among the land of the living again!

Nice to hear from you again, too!  I've neglected getting back on this board for a while because events in my personal life were somewhat overwhelming, and being a rather private person, I found it easier to talk about them with a small handful of people privately than to post my hardships on a public space for the scrutiny of friends and (potential) foes alike.  I am working my way into a better space now!  Thanks for the welcome back.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 12:10:54 pm »
I haven't figured out who you are over there, but if you would like to drop me a few clues....? :D

Oops, I did change my name here.  Bruce, I'm littlewing1957.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 12:27:27 pm »
Welcome back Bruce :).

I am working my way into a better space now!

Hope you can redline it to the better place!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 01:20:04 pm »
Oops, I did change my name here.  Bruce, I'm littlewing1957.

LOL!!!  That's a pretty good clue!  The new name is priceless!!!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 01:21:31 pm »
Welcome back Bruce :).

Hope you can redline it to the better place!

Thanks, Penthesilea! 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 11:58:34 pm »
LOL!!!  That's a pretty good clue!  The new name is priceless

:laugh:  :laugh: Everyone says that!