Author Topic: "A Single Man" (beware spoilers)  (Read 129317 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: "A Single Man"
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2010, 04:13:59 pm »
Hi Rob!   :-*

I'm planning to see "A single man" this weekend.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »
"A Single Man" finally open in Australia yesterday, February 25.

I'm looking forward to seeing it shortly.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2010, 09:34:11 pm »
Sonja and Kerry, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the film.

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Rob... thanks for the photo, Michael!
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 11:09:31 pm »
Hi Rob!   :-*

I'm planning to see "A single man" this weekend.

Hi Sonja!

I'm sure you'll love it!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Brokeback Mountain changed my life!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:42 pm »
I went to see "A single man" tonight with a friend.  I arrived at the cinema first, so I bought our tickets, and when she arrived we went in. It was a small cinema, almost full already, and in our row were only two seats empty.
So we squeezed in, past everyone, and sat down. Took off our clothes, arranged our belongings, relaxed and directed our attention to the screen.

Two new people squeezed into the already full row and wanted our seats....
Turns out we were in the wrong seats, but they were the only empty ones.....??

Our real seats were already taken, and they had the same numbers on their tickets as we did.

So my friend went out to the cashier, came back a little later, mad as hell, and told me that a mistake had been made when I bought the tickets. They were for tomorrow...... ::)

And there was only one place left tonight.

Long story short; I got my money back, the guy we talked to was very apologetic, we got two free tickets each for later use, but no Single man for us tonight...... 

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2010, 05:32:39 pm »
I definitely feel with you!. Good luck next time. I am sure its worth the waiting...  ;D

I went to see "A single man" tonight with a friend.  I arrived at the cinema first, so I bought our tickets, and when she arrived we went in. It was a small cinema, almost full already, and in our row were only two seats empty.
So we squeezed in, past everyone, and sat down. Took off our clothes, arranged our belongings, relaxed and directed our attention to the screen.

Two new people squeezed into the already full row and wanted our seats....
Turns out we were in the wrong seats, but they were the only empty ones.....??

Our real seats were already taken, and they had the same numbers on their tickets as we did.

So my friend went out to the cashier, came back a little later, mad as hell, and told me that a mistake had been made when I bought the tickets. They were for tomorrow...... ::)

And there was only one place left tonight.

Long story short; I got my money back, the guy we talked to was very apologetic, we got two free tickets each for later use, but no Single man for us tonight...... 

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2010, 05:37:17 pm »
Thanks Sophia.

I'm sure it's worth the wait too. We'll see it either during the week, or next weekend instead.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »
Thanks Sophia.

I'm sure it's worth the wait too. We'll see it either during the week, or next weekend instead.

I'm impressed that your theatre has assigned seats!  None of the ones I've been too has had them, except the more expensive VIP and Imax theatres.

I saw it again yesterday and I have to say that it truly is my favourite film of 2009.  I went with a friend who could really relate to the story as he was at a west coast university in 1962 and hung out with the profs of the English Dept.  He loved it!

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2010, 06:13:34 pm »
I'm impressed that your theatre has assigned seats!  None of the ones I've been too has had them, except the more expensive VIP and Imax theatres.

I saw it again yesterday and I have to say that it truly is my favourite film of 2009.  I went with a friend who could really relate to the story as he was at a west coast university in 1962 and hung out with the profs of the English Dept.  He loved it!

its agreat system, especially if you wanna book in advance on the internet. You can choose for yourself which seat you wanna have. Something you can do at the front desk as well but its bigger chance you get the onces you like by booking on the internet.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2010, 08:39:28 pm »

I'm still focused on the fact that you and your friend took off your clothes in the theater!   :o

:)