Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 706053 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #950 on: March 24, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »
Welcome, RebeccaJhon! I would offer you a piece of cherry cake but you would probably think it was junk food. You are welcome to step over to the Introduce Yourself thread and, well, introduce yourself!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #951 on: March 31, 2014, 10:12:28 am »
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #952 on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »
Ain't that the truth! LOL  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #953 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:12 pm »
That reminds me of a line from the TV show "Cheers":  Norm walks into the bar, Coach asks him:

"What are you up to, Norm?"

Norm replies, "My ideal weight, if I were 11 feet tall."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #954 on: April 01, 2014, 08:10:53 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:44 pm »
So, it's that time of year again. My body is craving carbs, and all it wants to do is eat and sleep.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #956 on: October 24, 2014, 07:45:18 am »
Ugh, I feel you on that.

I'm just grateful that my ankle has healed and I can get back to the treadmill, for a short period of time at a slow speed. 

Then I can build it up again from there.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #957 on: October 24, 2014, 09:06:02 am »
One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not working in an office anymore!

At the newspaper office where I work, people rarely bring in treats just to be nice to everyone (there are a lot of pepole). But occasionally there'll be a birthday with cupcakes or some staff event that involves treats. Plus, every year around the holidays the paper holds a cookie recipe contest for readers. The food staff picks out the best looking eight or ten and bakes up batches of them. After the judges try them all, the rest get set out for employees.

Since I more or less quit eating sugar two years ago, I have reached the point where I can see that stuff sitting out and, although it looks kind of tasty and I'm curious enough to vaguely wish I could try some, I don't much care. I can pass it up with little craving or regret.

Whereas in the old days my big problem would be wondering how many I could take without raising eyebrows.

Over the past two years, I've cumulatively eaten about as much sugar as I probably have eaten in a single day -- around Halloween or Christmas, especially -- in the old days.

Last weekend I got kind of careless, though. My son was out in the country skateboarding with his friends and they decided to stop by the apple orchard where I used to take my sons when they were children. He brought home some apples, but also an apple pie -- I had a few small pieces, partly out of nostalgia and partly because it was really good pie.

But that could lead to a dangerous slippery slope. The more sugar you eat, the more you want.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #958 on: October 24, 2014, 11:23:14 am »
Tell you what, 25 years ago I was really good at planning an entire week's meals before I went grocery shopping. I seem to have lost that skill, and I can't seem to get it back.  :(

On the other hand, if we have a transit strike here beginning Monday, I'm going to get lots of really good cardiovascular exercise walking to and from work next week.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #959 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:08 am »
I really do hate that my life seems to revolve around food: Reading labels, trying not to eat too much of it, trying to vary my menus so I'm not eating the same thing all the time--and constantly worrying about all of it.   :(

And at the risk of going OT, the thought occurs to me as I write this that I guess women and gay men have to deal with the same issue of socially/culturally/societally imposed notions of what constitutes an attractive body.  :(

Gee, I'm in a cheerful mood for a Saturday!  ;D