Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698777 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2010, 09:17:13 am »
I prefer arugula to spinach. I could eat just about anything on arugula, lightly tossed with olive oil and squirt of lemon.

For lunch sometimes, I take whatever's left over from last night's dinner: fish, chicken, meat loaf ... and have it on arugula, lettuce or a mixture of the two.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2010, 09:49:54 am »
I'll stick with Romaine lettuce. Spinach and all that stuff is too bitter for my taste.

Fortunately, when I was growing up, my mother didn't like spinach, so she never served it.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2010, 09:50:59 am »
Not a big fan of iceberg lettuce....I've heard it has no nutritional value to it.

I do like romaine, and will eat it in a caesar salad.  Spring mix is good too.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:05 am »
Not a big fan of iceberg lettuce....I've heard it has no nutritional value to it.

I do like romaine, and will eat it in a caesar salad.  Spring mix is good too.

My favorite lettuce is Boston butter. I also like red leaf, spring mix and baby romaine. I believe that as a rule of thumb, the darker the leaves, the more nutrients.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2010, 05:06:10 pm »
I like spinach.  I put it in my salad every day.

ahem.......    ::)

:laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2010, 05:24:31 pm »
My favorite lettuce is Boston butter. I also like red leaf, spring mix and baby romaine. I believe that as a rule of thumb, the darker the leaves, the more nutrients.

It's my understanding that all dark green vegetables are supposed to be especially good for you.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2010, 01:36:03 am »
It's my understanding that all dark green vegetables are supposed to be especially good for you.

Yes, I think dark color of any vegetable or fruit -- green, orange, red, purple, etc. -- can be an indicator of its nutritiousness. But at the same time, cauliflower and cabbage are nutritious, too.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2010, 10:52:59 am »

I love Boston butter lettuce!!  And, I agree that arugula is very good too... I like that it has a really bold, peppery taste.

I also love that you can often find Boston butter lettuce in the grocery store with the roots still on, so it lasts longer.  That's often my problem with buying greens... they tend to start wilting before I have a chance to eat them a lot of the time.  But with the hydroponic type of butter lettuce I buy a little time.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2010, 11:05:21 am »
Breakfast was a hard boiled egg, and some lime yogurt.

Lunch is spinach salad, lemon chicken and some corn casarole.  (leftovers from the other night).

not sure what dinner will be.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2010, 11:45:17 am »
I also love that you can often find Boston butter lettuce in the grocery store with the roots still on, so it lasts longer.  That's often my problem with buying greens... they tend to start wilting before I have a chance to eat them a lot of the time.  But with the hydroponic type of butter lettuce I buy a little time.

Tell you what, I find that greens keep for weeks for me in a good, old-fashioned Tupperware crisper!