Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698879 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:22 am »

Worked out on the eliptical.  I managed to get in 60 minutes.  In that 60 minutes, I was able to get my average heart rate to 140.  I burned about 800 calories.  I "ran" almost 5 miles, which equaled 10,800 steps in total.

I like the elliptical trainer too, Chuck. After reading your post, I realized I needed to up my workout. I had hit a plateau. However, I don't think I can do 60 minutes. I can barely do 35 minutes. It's just too boring. I did crank up the wattage to 90 today, so I was able to burn 350 calories in 35 minutes and keep my heartbeat above 120. I "ran" 8.5 miles, but they were bike miles. Then, I lifted weights and then went to my rock climbing class which is a lot of fun, but exhausting!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2010, 06:24:17 pm »
How's everybody doing so far?  Reminder:  next weigh-in is Monday, February 1.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »
LOL at the animal pics on the scales!!   ;D

That way, you don't have to know your actual weight, you can just say "I'm down on the duck now"!    :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2010, 07:01:47 pm »
Today has been a bad day for me. It's coldish, gray, gloomy, drizzling -- always a recipe for me to seek comfort in carbs. I was craving muffins. So I made a box of blueberry muffins. True, they're Fiber One brand, so not totally unhealthy, but I've eaten five or six of them (they're quite good, but 130 calories apiece).

The weather, particularly at this time of year, has a huge influence over my appetite and eating habits.

The upside: my son and I stopped in at a little bakery, where we bought glazed donuts for him and his brother. I didn't get anything.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2010, 08:05:39 pm »
Today has been a bad day for me.

Sort of the same for me. Because of the state of company finances, we didn't have a holiday party last month, so today the company threw an in-house "employee appreciation" buffet luncheon in our new auditorium/staff dining room. Oy, did I pig out on the carbs (at least I also had a salad).  :( And they weren't even particularly good-tasting carbs, either. Most of the bread-type stuff was dry. I'm sure Katherine's muffins at least tasted good!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »
Today was supposed to be a rest day for me after two days of extra exertion, rock climbing, hiking, working out, and snowshoeing. Then, I took my mom with me to the rec center when I went to get my climbing certification, which means I can practice on the climbing wall anytime at no charge. At the end of it, my mom said "but I didn't get to see you climb!" So, then I went for a climb and got all sweaty. But, I enjoyed it!

Tomorrow I'm going for an ice climb, and then I'll have two or three days to do more cardio. And then, oh my brothers and sisters, no more exercises for me for three days. I have to lay off and rest up for the big one: hopefully at least one ascent of that witchy mountain in NH: the weather-maker, yes, Mount Washington, herself!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2010, 01:01:16 am »
Today was a good day for me......the potential to be bad was there, as I ate out for lunch and dinner, but I only had a salad at each meal.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2010, 11:54:23 am »
Good for you, friend!! Today when I woke up, I scratched my belly Ennis-wise and I discovered something that had been hidden there for many months...abs!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2010, 11:55:47 am »
Well done, FRiend!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »
Good for you, friend!! Today when I woke up, I scratched my belly Ennis-wise and I discovered something that had been hidden there for many months...abs!!

I hope you didn't go on to pee in the sink. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.