Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698633 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2010, 05:02:23 am »
hand up.. me to!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2010, 09:37:42 am »
So, what do we do to get over the second month doldrums, Cap'n Paul and everyone? I'm going snowshoeing today, that should get me back in the groove, I hope!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2010, 12:22:18 pm »
Weather kept me at home yesterday, so I did a DVD workout instead.  Oh, and did some shoveling too.

;D

Also shoveled today, and plan on hitting the gym.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2010, 10:48:36 am »
That shoveling is very good cardio, isn't it?

I've stepped up my workout lately and my body is responding nicely to it. I've finally reached that plateau where I'm invigorated, not exhausted after a workout, and my muscles are not sore afterwards (I still get stiff muscles if I just sit after a workout).

I'm halfway to my goal of losing 10 pounds. Not much to brag about, since it's only 10 pounds. But, I'm so happy with my "new" body! My stomach is nearly flat and my butt and thighs are slimmer and harder. I still have my love handles though but they're starting to disappear! I'm starting to think new clothes, and I've been able to wear pants that have been hanging forlornly in my closet for months, if not years! szzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd (My cat wrote that. I think it means Lee doesn't have enuff lap for the computer and me as well now!!)  ::)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »
That shoveling is very good cardio, isn't it?

I read somewhere recently that shoveling is a major cause of heart attacks. But that would pertain to people who are ordinarily sedentary and then have to get out there and shovel -- not people like Chuck who frequent the gym.

I've stepped up my workout lately and my body is responding nicely to it. I've finally reached that plateau where I'm invigorated, not exhausted after a workout, and my muscles are not sore afterwards (I still get stiff muscles if I just sit after a workout).

I'm halfway to my goal of losing 10 pounds. Not much to brag about, since it's only 10 pounds. But, I'm so happy with my "new" body! My stomach is nearly flat and my butt and thighs are slimmer and harder. I still have my love handles though but they're starting to disappear! I'm starting to think new clothes, and I've been able to wear pants that have been hanging forlornly in my closet for months, if not years!

Good for you, FRiend!

I have a big batch of forlorn clothes, too. I'm hoping to be able to wear them again before they go out of style. There are a couple of things in there that I've never worn at all.  :-\ ::)

I'm down about 10 pounds since I started my efforts in October -- not my usual weight-loss rate, but not bad over the holidays, when I could easily have gained that much (as one clothing-store saleswoman put it when I mentioned this, that's like losing 20 pounds!). Another 15 or so to go.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2010, 05:59:22 pm »
Having a nice quiet weekend on Cape Cod.  The benefits include a great fish market and an ever greater vegetable market, open all-year round.

Dinner last night was sushi-grade tuna, bright red for Valentine's Day, seared quickly on each side for very very rare, and steamed baby bok choy, with a soy-ginger-garlic sauce.  Then, a little taste of summer on a very cold night--a caprese salad with hothouse tomatoes (that fooled me into thinking they were summer-fresh), basil and fresh mozzarella.

Today, the Provincetown Pilgrim Monument was open (unusual in winter), free of charge, for a "healthy heart climb".  I realize that I hadn't climbed the thing in about 20 years.  The monument is turning 100 this year.  (I think I'll start a separate thread on it...) {I did, check here}
It was a beautiful clear day.  The climb was followed by a long walk on the beach, against a brisk wind.  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:27:03 pm by southendmd »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2010, 08:45:15 pm »
Excellent, friends Paul and Katherine!! I'm so glad to hear my friends are taking care of themselves. A good way to spend Valentine's Day...doing something that shows you that you love yourself!!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2010, 09:57:40 pm »
Dinner last night was sushi-grade tuna, bright red for Valentine's Day, seared quickly on each side for very very rare, and steamed baby bok choy, with a soy-ginger-garlic sauce.  Then, a little taste of summer on a very cold night--a caprese salad with hothouse tomatoes (that fooled me into thinking they were summer-fresh), basil and fresh mozzarella.

That sounds delish! I love all of the above, and all are super healthy.

Speaking of your baby bok choy, a similar if more down-market thing I often make for a quick lunch is, I take that bagged, pre-shredded cole-slaw cabbage and sautee it in a little peanut and sesame oil with chopped onions (and optional chopped bell peppers), garlic, ginger and soy. I top it with leftover chicken or salmon or whatever's handy.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:45 am »

Passionate and real!

TED
Technology Education Design
Ideas worth spreading
February 12, 2010

Jamie Oliver@

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_QOzc79Uc[/youtube]

Go here now:
http://www.ted.com/talks/jamie_oliver.html

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »
That was very inspiring, John. Thank you for sharing it. I had to laugh when Jamie Oliver couldn't get children to identify a beet, an eggplant or a mushroom, but it was sad, too.