Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698922 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2010, 02:55:43 pm »
Edamame: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edamame

Note the use of condiments.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2010, 05:33:35 pm »
That was cute, but they forgot to say "uh...ketchup"!

So, I'd like to hear more about these travels you're going on this summer, friend! Me, I'm going to Scotland to meet our friend Kelda!! I'm also planning to go to the New York area in August. Hope to do plenty of walking around during both trips, but I doubt if either will be a weight losing trip...so I'll just have to take off the weight before I leave.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »
So, I'd like to hear more about these travels you're going on this summer, friend!

I have no plans as yet. My question wasn't exactly rhetorical, but I have no plans as of now.

When are you leaving for Scotland?

FRiend, why would you go to New York in August? Don't you know what the Mid-Atlantic States are like in August? Heat and humidity like nobody's business. ... :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2010, 07:09:16 pm »

FRiend, why would you go to New York in August? Don't you know what the Mid-Atlantic States are like in August? Heat and humidity like nobody's business. ... :P

Me, I love the heat, but I'll tell you what--in New York, in 2008, August was gorgeous--(mostly) cool, sunny, mild--and dry. On the other hand, in 2009, August was--no joke!--dark, dank, and perpetually raining. Humidity? Ok, but cold and damp. Strangest Summer in New York I ever remember seeing--

(And I've seen a lot of New York Summers.... ::) )

August 2010? Who knows--
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2010, 07:30:47 pm »
I should have said New York state. I'm going to be in the upstate area. I don't think that climate is sublime in August either, but it may be better than the manmade caverns of New York City. If I go to NYC, I'll probly be out and about after dark, and prowl the museums in the afternoons. I'm also planning to go to Boston area (heads up, Boston Brokies) to witness the 40th anniversary of John Williams and the Boston Pops, IF I can get tickets. The rest of August I'm gonna try to bag at least two more fourteeners...mountains in Colorado, and spend time in Wyoming, of course. That's the ideal August climate!!

I'm leaving for Scotland June 10th!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2010, 07:31:31 pm »
(And I've seen a lot of New York Summers.... ::) )

August 2010? Who knows--

I'll bet you have, friend!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:21 pm »
I'm also planning to go to Boston area (heads up, Boston Brokies) to witness the 40th anniversary of John Williams and the Boston Pops, IF I can get tickets.

???  Um, well. ... John Williams took over the baton of the Pops in 1980, so that's only 30 years--but Keith Lockhart has been the conductor since 1995.  ???

I'm leaving for Scotland June 10th!!

Still planning to be there for the Summer Solstice?  :)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:52 am »
Our next weigh-in is Monday, April 5!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2010, 08:39:58 am »
I'm also planning to go to Boston area (heads up, Boston Brokies) to witness the 40th anniversary of John Williams and the Boston Pops, IF I can get tickets.

Aside to Lee:
Our heads are up!  Jeff's right, though:  we had Arthur Fiedler since 1930, John Williams came on in 1980, Keith Lockhart in 1995. 

Williams has a CD called something like 40 years of movie music.  I notice he's guesting with the Pops in mid-May in a show called "Hooray for Hollywood".

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25:24 am »
I know the concert's in August and it's in New England somewheres, but I'll have to get the rest of the details for you, and I'll do that shortly. It might be the 40th anniversary of Tanglewood, or something like that.

Jeff, the eating/traveling conundrum can be managed. One way is to take up a different regimen of eating a month or two before you plan to travel. Eat at different times of the day, preferably only when you are hungry. Also, eat something that takes a while to digest, such as a meat-based sandwich or a baked potato. Over a little time, you can train your stomach not to kick in with the hunger pangs at a particular time of day.