Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698822 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Heck, even I've slowed down a bit right now.  That's to be expected.

I still weigh myself daily, it's easier for me to track and keep an eye on everything I need to, but if there's not a significant loss to report (a pound or more) I don't post it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
if there's not a significant loss to report (a pound or more) I don't post it.

That's been my problem for months, as I've been veeeerrrrrrryyyyy gradually going down. Between October, when I started Weight Watchers, and January, when I started IWIKHtLY--TWLT(cfp), I lost 7 or 8 lbs. Not the two-pound a week rate I've sometimes achieved in the past, but I figured that was because it was over the holidays. Since then, though, during what is typically my best time of year for weight loss, I've only lost another 5 or 6. So altogether, maybe 14 lbs over 6 1/2 months. Not a very precipitous drop.

Still, better than nothing!

I'd like to step it up a bit, though. I have a goal at the end of July: a big high-school all-class reunion. They have them every five years, a street dance in a cute little touristy town nearby, and they're always really fun. In the post-Facebook era, this one should be even better. At my current weight-loss rate, I'll lose another 5 lbs by then. That would be better than nothing, but ideally I'd like to lose at least twice that much.

Anyway, I like to tell myself that losing this slow is a good thing, that I'm retraining my habits and the loss will last forever this time.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
The rest of us don't seem to have as much to report as you do, Chuck.

:)

Hmm....... no we don't, and I wonder why..... ::) ::) ::)

;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

Anyway, I like to tell myself that losing this slow is a good thing, that I'm retraining my habits and the loss will last forever this time.

I believe you're correct.  I've heard the slower you lose the weight, the more likely it is to stay off.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

Lost two more pounds.  In one month's time, I've lost 20 pounds.  ;D  An average of 5 pounds a week.  ;D

4 more pounds, and I'll be halfway to my goal.  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....

Lost two more pounds.  In one month's time, I've lost 20 pounds.  ;D  An average of 5 pounds a week.  ;D

4 more pounds, and I'll be halfway to my goal.  ;D

Wow!  The Fat-Smash diet has lived up to its name.  Congrats on sticking with it, Chuck.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
After a week of partying and stress, I stepped on the scales to find I had LOST weight rather than gained! You could have felled me with a feather! Apparently I danced off all of my daughter's wedding cake that I ate and the rich dessert from the graduation banquet for my son. Now I am almost back to the point where I was when I started my new job...only 3.5 pounds to lose till I reach my goal!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

Very cool Lee!

Congrats!

Offline CellarDweller

Hiya everyone!

Been three days since I posted here.......haven't lost new weight, but still on the Fat Smash diet, Phase 3.

This phase is a month long......I've decided that if I don't make my goal by the end of this phase, instead of going to Phase 4, I'll go back to Phase 1, when I lost 10 pounds in 9 days, and see if I can jump start the weight loss again.

This weekend I've been invited to no BBQs (thankfully) so I'll be ok on the diet.  The next two weekends I'll be at Brokie gatherings, so I have to be careful and not allow myself to fall back into bad habits.

Offline CellarDweller

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

After some time feeling I was stuck at a plateau, I've lost another pound.  21 in total!