Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698687 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #550 on: November 02, 2010, 07:31:09 pm »

What about 'The Chubbilicious Brokie Regroupers' as a name for our renewed weight loss club?  :laugh: :laugh:

Or how about
'The Chubbilicious Brokie Groupers'
for short??

grouper fish
;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #551 on: November 03, 2010, 05:11:05 pm »

Or how about
'The Chubbilicious Brokie Groupers'
for short??

grouper fish
;D

I don't know......

Are you sure we won't all develop fins and protruding eyes like that?

;D ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #552 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:36 pm »
If you all want impetus to lose weight, I think you should ditch Chubbilicious. That sounds far too positive and way too cute. You say you want to lose weight, so why make being chubby sound like a good thing, like delicious???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #553 on: November 03, 2010, 08:12:48 pm »
If you all want impetus to lose weight, I think you should ditch Chubbilicious. That sounds far too positive and way too cute. You say you want to lose weight, so why make being chubby sound like a good thing, like delicious???

I am chubby+I am delicious=I am chubbilicious!
I am chubby-some chub=I will be delicious

My worth as a human being is not tied to the size of my body and I don't need to feel bad about myself or feel shame in order to be successful at weight loss. It is a daunting task so a little humor and positivity can't hurt to my mind.

I am happy to be a bug eyed scaly chubbilious Brokie Grouper  ;D

Swim on team, swim on!

O0

Heathen

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #555 on: November 03, 2010, 09:14:59 pm »
I am chubby+I am delicious=I am chubbilicious!
I am chubby-some chub=I will be delicious

My worth as a human being is not tied to the size of my body and I don't need to feel bad about myself or feel shame in order to be successful at weight loss. It is a daunting task so a little humor and positivity can't hurt to my mind.

Geezus H. Nobody said anything about your "worth as a human being."  ::)

Making chubby sound cheerful and positive is poor incentive if you really want to lose weight. It's a bad strategy.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #556 on: November 03, 2010, 09:35:17 pm »
Incentive is subjective so how about you use your strategy and I use mine?

Taking my chubbiliciousness off to buy cat food and then coming home to make a big chubbilicious baked chicken salad. Yum Yum!

Meryl, how is your back handling the yoga? I did something to mine which has had me sidelined for months. I was living on Advil  when I was in Boston just to be able to walk around

I forgot to mention-I finally broke down and bought a smart phone-a droid Incredible. I am following the Weight Watcher program and there are lots of diet aid applications. I am using a great point tracker/food diary which is the best way for me to stay on track.

Heathen

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #557 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:36 pm »

I am happy to be a bug eyed scaly chubbilious Brokie Grouper  ;D

Me too! And BTW, grouper is one of my favorite fish...it tastes delicious...chubbilicious!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #558 on: November 03, 2010, 09:59:38 pm »
Meryl, how is your back handling the yoga? I did something to mine which has had me sidelined for months. I was living on Advil  when I was in Boston just to be able to walk around.

I forgot to mention-I finally broke down and bought a smart phone-a droid Incredible. I am following the Weight Watcher program and there are lots of diet aid applications. I am using a great point tracker/food diary which is the best way for me to stay on track.

Roux, it's too early to tell about my back, as I've only had one class; however, I think I did notice some improvement the next day.  The main thing I need to do is strengthen and tone the muscles that keep the weight in my tummy from pulling me forward.  Once some weight comes off, that will be less of a problem and my back will be able to line up again.  My knees will be happier, too.

I started back to Weight Watchers on Tuesday and have been counting my points.  Already there've been lapses, but after each bump in the road I'll just keep on driving.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #559 on: November 03, 2010, 10:24:08 pm »
Making chubby sound cheerful and positive is poor incentive if you really want to lose weight. It's a bad strategy.

I don't think there's much danger in our culture of anyone going overboard with thinking "chubby" is cheerful and positive, whatever name we apply to it. We are bombarded with reminders that fat does not equal cute. But, paradoxically, I think it's easier to lose weight when you feel better about yourself.

Some of my most horrendous eating has occurred when I was mortified about my weight, and therefore feeling depressed and worthless and hopeless. I would overeat either 1) to feel better, because food will lift your mood for at least as long as it's in your mouth and 2) to punish myself for being overweight.

But when I feel good about myself, I don't crave the extra mood booster of food. And the feeling of strength that comes from higher self-esteem gives me the energy and positive attitude to help me make better food and exercise choices.

So sure, I'm chubbilicious! And if I drop a few pounds, I'll be 'licious.