Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698471 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #650 on: January 04, 2011, 09:21:55 pm »
I joined WW's online plan yesterday. I like the new points system! I get 9 more points than I used to on WW (partly because I've gained some weight, and you get more if you're heavier), and all kinds of things are point-free under the new rules. An orange! A banana! I fell about 9 points short of my daily allowance -- which you're not supposed to do, but honestly I wasn't any hungrier than that -- and of course didn't even dip into my weekly 49 bonus points.

So far, so good!

That's great, Katherine!  You and I can compare notes now.  You should really try to eat enough to make your daily points allowance, though.  Those points don't carry over from day to day and are the minimum you need to stay energized.  If you choose not to use your 49 extra weekly points, then that's okay.  You probably will take off the weight faster.

I've found the new points system works well for me and love the points-free fruits.  I can eat bananas and grapes now without worrying about adding points, and they really fill in the gaps wonderfully.  I'm pleased that over the two-week holiday period I managed to gain less than a pound, and I had some pretty fattening meals!  :P

The thing I have to work hardest on this year is getting more exercise.  :-\

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #651 on: January 04, 2011, 09:56:55 pm »
That's great, Katherine!  You and I can compare notes now.  You should really try to eat enough to make your daily points allowance, though.  Those points don't carry over from day to day and are the minimum you need to stay energized.

True, I know WW teachers in the past have always lectured us to "eat your points." But there are so many now! The amount I ate yesterday was my total daily allowance, last time I was in WW. It was really hard some days to stay within that limit, especially if I drank alcohol or went to a restaurant. So I'm really welcoming the extra points. And after this first ambitious burst I'll probably start consuming more of them.

I've found the new points system works well for me and love the points-free fruits.  I can eat bananas and grapes now without worrying about adding points,

Yes, that makes the biggest difference. I've always tried to eat three fruits a day. In the past, that meant three or more points. Now they're free!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #652 on: January 05, 2011, 12:04:31 am »
For dinner, I roasted cauliflower:

Cut 1 head of cauliflower into florets. Toss with three or four cloves garlic, roughly chopped, the juice of half a lemon (or to taste), 1 1/2 T olive oil, salt, pepper and a dusting of smoky Paprika. Roast at 400 for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 T grated Parmesan.

Yum! I had it with leftover prime rib, trimmed of fat and weighed on my kitchen scale.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #653 on: January 05, 2011, 06:58:50 am »

Fat Smash Diet is working it's magic again!  I'm back down to 220lbs after being on it for only 2 days.  ;D  5 more pounds and I'll be back down to the weight I have listed in my personal ad.  Truth in advertising and all that.  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #654 on: January 05, 2011, 10:06:57 am »
Did just over an hour of walking on the treadmill this morning!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #655 on: January 05, 2011, 10:17:45 am »
Fantastic Kelda!

;D

I just finished my second bout of going up and down the stairs and around the building.  #3 is about to happen soon.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #656 on: January 05, 2011, 11:05:56 am »
This is all very inspiring...Brokies getting fit!! I sense a real determination this year. People are realizing that being fit is e a life or death matter. One of the big excuses for not excercising is "I don't have time." Well, if you don't take time now, then you can just plan to take the time at the end of your life. You may have a shorter life or, worse, you may have a shorter period of health at the end of your life. What a drag that would be!

I have to have a talk with my mother about this, because when I chauffered her to her music class last week, she had a lot of trouble getting out of the car. It would be a pity if she couldn't go anyplace because she can't get in and out of the car. Her muscles are atrophying because she doesn't use them. And no, I'm not going to pull her out of cars and have her lean on me to walk, that's just ridiculous!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #657 on: January 05, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »
People are realizing that being fit is e a life or death matter. One of the big excuses for not excercising is "I don't have time." Well, if you don't take time now, then you can just plan to take the time at the end of your life. You may have a shorter life or, worse, you may have a shorter period of health at the end of your life. What a drag that would be!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #658 on: January 05, 2011, 12:51:07 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #659 on: January 05, 2011, 12:52:40 pm »