Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698595 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2011, 12:39:22 pm »
Katherine, I hope your body hasn't decided that there's a famine and it needs to conserve all its calories!

I hope not, too. My body is good at starvation-conditions Darwinian-style survival. I would be much envied if this were the Pleistocene Era, even if my bearskin clothes were getting a little snug.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »
Way to go Chuck, you certainly have this fat smash thing covered!! You should be ready for Stage 2 pretty soon, right?

Tomorrow is supposed to be the beginning of Phase 2 of Fat Smash, with Phase 1 lasting nine days.  However, I want to extend my Phase 1 to a full 2 weeks, meaning I'll start Phase 2 next Tuesday instead of tomorrow.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2011, 09:44:52 pm »

Great job Lynnie.  You are a winner.  I know you can do it all the way to the
end.  You have moxie.   Love ya, and rooting for you always.   Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »
Thank you, Mama Janice  :-* :-*

I was just going to post here that the weather is conspiring against me and my training plan. But at least I did get in a brisk 40 minute walk today. I walked from work to a bus stop I don't normally use.

Of course that was also to make sure I got home before the blizzard starts.

:)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:56:55 pm by Lynne di Licious »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2011, 10:04:40 pm »
Only 1 pound, my first week on WW. I thought I was doing better than that. Maybe the new points system is TOO easy.

One pound is nothing to sneeze at!  I'm glad to hear you're on WW, Katherine.  I think the new system is better than the old, so I hope you stick with it.  8)

After gaining a pound over the holidays and having trouble taking it off, I got weighed today and had lost almost a pound and a half!  So overall, I've averaged a pound a week since starting in November.  If I can keep that up, I could be at goal by next November.  That's almost inconceivable to me after being overweight most of my adult life, but I'm willing to be convinced.  :D

Congrats to all, and good luck.  Keep at it!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2011, 10:57:58 am »
I don't know what it is today, the snow, the fact that there's not a lot of people to talk to.....but I've got the munchies today!

>:(

And this place still has a bunch of candy and such left over from the holidays, and I have a craving for Chinese Buffet today.

>:(

I'm battling the munchies by brushing my teeth after my meals and small snacks, and saying to myself;  "you just brushed your teeth, snacking will make them dirty again!"

:laugh:

By lunch time, I'll give up on the idea of Chinese Buffet and hit the local salad bar.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2011, 11:11:04 am »
Yes and all that candy is stale anyway. It should be thrown away! Hang in there friend!

My goal this month is to work out every other day. So far, I'm on schedule! I'm walking down to the gym to work out first thing this morning. After that, breakfast and a shower. Then I'm ready for anything anybody wants to throw at me, but not before then!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »
I don't know what it is today, the snow, the fact that there's not a lot of people to talk to.....but I've got the munchies today!

You are not alone, Chuck!  At any rate, I trust you will use logic and come to the conclusion that the munchies and Fat Smash are like matter and anti-matter when it comes to dieting.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2011, 03:09:01 pm »
Yay! I've lost 2 pounds. I'm now a third of the way to my goal! At this rate, I'll reach my goal by Valentine's Day...what a great goal!!

I haven't changed my eating patterns all that much. Mostly just working out on the elliptical for 30 mins every other day. Also a little weight training and about 20 sit-ups or what we now call crunches on the inclined bench.

My aerobic workout on the Cybex elliptical is almost twice as strenuous as the same time last year. I usually stay in the 4-7 bar range whereas last year I was working in the 2-4 bar range. I now try to maintain 100 strides per minute and an average heart beat of 120 bpm, with a peak of about 130-140. Last year I hardly ever got my bpm up above 120, and that's what I need in order to break a sweat. My target peak bpm for my age is 150 so I still have room to grow!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »
Yay to Lee on the weight loss!

;D

As for the munchies, I had a few chocolate coverd pretzels.  The small twists, not the full sized rods.  However, I did have only a salad for lunch, I resisted the urge for Chinese.