Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698561 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #690 on: January 12, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »
At this rate, I'll reach my goal by Valentine's Day

Just in time for a box of chocolates!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #691 on: January 12, 2011, 03:49:22 pm »
Just in time for a box of chocolates!  :)

Mama always said; "Prostitutes are like a box of chocolates......you pay more for the better ones."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #692 on: January 12, 2011, 04:05:45 pm »
I thought she said, "You never know what you're going to get" with a Southern accent?

Naw, the present I was thinking of for myself is Brokeback Mountain playing at the Esquire Theater in Denver at midnight...I'm looking forward to it so much!!

I buy chocolates on Valentine's Day, but for my children, not for me. I do like those chocolate oranges though. It's good to have a wedge sometimes as a pick-me-up in the afternoon. It's about 1 oz, just the right amount. Chocolate is chock full of antioxidants. But avoid those with sugar, milk, or other ingredients like nuts and toffie.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #693 on: January 12, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »

Mama always said; "Prostitutes are like a box of chocolates......you pay more for the better ones."

Your mama advised you on selecting a prostitute?  :laugh:

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #694 on: January 12, 2011, 06:07:50 pm »
well done Lee and Chuck!

Monday to Wednesday have been successful, the app on my phone is working well at keeping me to my calorie intake of 1290 a day and making me want to do an extra 10min walk so i can have that extra 100 calories to eat etc... !

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #695 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:44 pm »
Yay, Kelda. Love the new technological tools for keeping fit.

I had a great salad today for lunch. I chopped up a hard-boiled egg, a zucchini, a small sweet pepper, some escarole, 3 little cornichons (I rinsed them first to remove excess salt and sugar), some roasted potatoes, skins on, and half a red onion. I tossed it with a little dijon mustard, the kind that has no added salt or sugar. Delish!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #696 on: January 14, 2011, 07:12:36 am »
Lost another pound!  12 days on the Fat Smash diet, 9 pounds gone!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #697 on: January 14, 2011, 01:19:54 pm »
Most excellent friend! You've probably shared details about this diet, but could you expand, er expound er, talk more about it?

I like to have a bowl of whole grains once per day, most often at breakfast but sometimes at lunch or dinner. I picked up a free book called World Tastes, Buying and Preparing Bulk Foods at Whole Foods and I use it quite often. It covers beans, grains, rice, flours, pasta, nuts and seeds, sea vegetables, mixes, liquids and dried fruits. It's fun to experiment with the grains. Amaranth, barley, bear mush, buckwheat, bulgar, couscous, kamut, millet, oat groats and rolled, quinoa, popcorn, rye, 7 grain cereal, teff, spelt, triticale, cracked wheat, wheat berries and flakes, and corn are the grains mentioned. Quinoa and millet are my current favorites.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #698 on: January 14, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »

The Fat Smash Diet was developed by Dr. Ian Smith and is used on the TV show Celebrity Fit Club.

http://www.fatsmashdiet.com/

It's basically a way to "relearn" how to eat.  Instead of three meals a day, you eat six times a day, but smaller portions.

In the first phase of the Fat Smash Diet, food choices should be eaten raw, grilled or steamed. Fats are limited to a maximum of 3 tablespoons, with 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil per day. Allowed foods include unlimited fruits and vegetables (except white potatoes or avocado), chickpeas, lentils, tofu, and beans. It also permits limited amounts of brown rice; low-fat, skim, or soy milk; oatmeal; low-fat yogurt; egg whites; and herbal tea. This is the total menu for nine days.

Phase 2: Foundation is a three-week period introducing additional foods, maintaining the schedule of four to five small meals throughout the day, and enjoying them simply prepared as defined in phase one. Foods allowed in limited quantities in this phase include avocado, lean meats, seafood, whole egg, cheese, a variety of whole-grain cereals, granulated sugar, butter, fat-free mayo, coffee (10 ounces a day), fruit juice, diet soda, lemonade, and club soda.

Phase 3: Construction is a four-week period embodying the principles of the first two phases, with the ability to add more foods into the plan. Portions are a little larger but still limited. Pasta and bread are introduced for the first time, along with one dessert per day, chosen from a short list of acceptable sweets.

Phase 4: The Temple is the final stage and one that the author promises will last a lifetime. In the phase wine, beer, pizza, and potatoes are now included, accompanying the guiding principles of exercise, portion control, not skipping meals, and eating four to five times daily.

This is my second time on Fat Smash, I strayed off of it.  The first time I tried it, in the first 9 days I lost 10 pounds.  This time around, as of the first 7 days I lost 6 pounds.  I've decided not to stop Phase one at 9 days, but continue for a full two weeks, and then  move on to Phase 2.   On the TV show (which takes out of shape celebrities and works them back into shape) some of the contestants have lost as much as 14 pounds in the first 9 days, but of course, they are exercising vigorously.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #699 on: January 15, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »
Lose weight, stay active: Six small changes can help keep off pounds

By ConsumerReportsHealth.org

Trying to reverse the 1-to-2-pounds-a-year weight gain that is the fate of the average middle-aged American? Overwhelmed at the thought of changing your lifestyle enough to reach a healthful weight?

Fortunately, there is an alternative approach to the drastic diet and exercise revisions that Americans find so difficult to embark on and sustain. The idea is to start with smaller, easier changes that will, at the very least, halt the weight-creep and give encouraging results.

"We find that people who make small changes will often lose a few pounds," said James O. Hill, Ph.D., director of the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center at the University of Colorado at Denver. "Those who start with small changes often end up able to make more and bigger changes and lose more weight."

Here are a half-dozen small changes you can make right now:

1. Stop drinking calories
2. Eat more protein
3. Eat more fiber
4. Lead yourself not into temptation
5. Add 2,000 steps a day
6. Cut your screen time

*Details on each item on the list can be found at this link*

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/494/lose-weight-stay-active-six-small-changes-can-help-keep-off-pounds/