Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698776 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #750 on: March 07, 2011, 06:08:52 am »
I have finally gotten started on my diet and I´ve been on it for a week now. Not getting on any scale, though! O0
My problem has always been sugar - too much of it and an addiction to it. I haven´t had anything sugary to eat for a week now, and I don´t feel it so bad now any longer. I´m trying to exercise more but find it hard to have time for it other than on the weekends. I mostly sit on my ass at work, which doesn´t help.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #751 on: March 07, 2011, 07:30:40 am »
Well, I stated it on my blog and I'll state it here too.

For Lent I'm refocusing on my diet.  Lent starts Wednesday, I'm starting today.  No cheating on the diet, no snacks in-between, and making sure I get my exercise in.

I set up an exercise schedule last night, and made sure to make it random enough so that my body won't fall into a habit and cause a plateau.

It started this morning, and did about 25 minutes of exercise using an "Ab-lounger" for crunches, and the BoFlex for muscle training.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #752 on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:17 am »
And this is what happens when you stop exercising and eat too much.

Back to the drawning board.....

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #753 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:33 am »
Well, I stated it on my blog and I'll state it here too.

For Lent I'm refocusing on my diet.  Lent starts Wednesday, I'm starting today.  No cheating on the diet, no snacks in-between, and making sure I get my exercise in.

I set up an exercise schedule last night, and made sure to make it random enough so that my body won't fall into a habit and cause a plateau.

It started this morning, and did about 25 minutes of exercise using an "Ab-lounger" for crunches, and the BoFlex for muscle training.

With that schedule you'll be back on track in no time!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #754 on: March 07, 2011, 11:43:31 am »
I'm looking forward to Lent too. Lent is the secret reason why many French men and women stay svelte. During Lent, I enjoy "spa food": fish, vegetarian food, Asian cuisine, salads and other raw foods, whole grains, and abundant fruits and vegetables. I take an austere approach to everything, cleansing my body, mind, and habits. I try to enjoy Nature, good books and my friends as much as possible.

Kelda, thanks for posting that lump of "fat". It's great to be able to visualize what needs to begone from our bodies!!

My quest to lose those last four pounds is progressing. Last week, I worked out on Monday, Tuesday, and on Thursday I went for a long snowshoeing trip in the mountains. I managed to hold off on snacking during the afternoons, and I set 8 pm as the time when nothing else would pass my lips. This week, I worked out Sunday so far and am hoping to do as well as last week but to cut out snacking on my favorite cheating food, raw almonds. There are a few other things I can cut out too. I put on my skinny pants from last spring; while they are still a bit tight, I can wear them. I'm going to keep on wearing them until they have become comfortable! I've lost one of the four pounds and I'm 25% from my goal!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #755 on: March 07, 2011, 03:19:00 pm »
Just getting caught up here. 

Super congrats to Kelda!  And Meryl, you rock!  Lee, I like your attitude. 

Chuckie, major bummer.  I think using Lent as a jump-start is a great idea.  Back to the diet, and  your instruments of torture exercise regimen.

I've yo-yoed a bit over the last few months too.  Just can't loosen up on my own rules!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #756 on: March 07, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »
Chuckie, major bummer.  I think using Lent as a jump-start is a great idea.  Back to the diet, and  your instruments of torture exercise regimen.

Well, I can tell that I'm not eating as much, as my stomach is growling.  I kept to the diet part so far.....no in between snacking.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #757 on: March 08, 2011, 07:33:41 am »

Not sure how I lost 4 pounds in one day, but I won't complain!  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #758 on: March 14, 2011, 10:10:58 pm »
You go, Chuck! I'm beginning Lent on a good note. One of my 4 unwanted pounds is gone. Spent the weekend helping to install a sprinkler system for friend EDelMar, meaning digging a number of 3 ft deep trenches. Hard work! And I feel like I really got a workout.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #759 on: March 15, 2011, 05:11:20 am »
Well done lee and Chuck.

No lbs lost for me this week.. boo.. but no gain either.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/