Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698435 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #940 on: January 08, 2014, 01:06:48 pm »
I've been on "The Fast Diet" for the last few months and I've lost 30 pounds.  It was hard going during the holidays but I still managed to lose.  On The Fast Diet I fast - sort of -- I eat only 500 calories 2 days a week.  Consuming only 500 calories is hard, but I space my fast days out and know that I can eat normally 5 days a week.  I didn't think it would work, but the weight is coming off. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #941 on: January 08, 2014, 02:31:32 pm »
I've been on "The Fast Diet" for the last few months and I've lost 30 pounds.  It was hard going during the holidays but I still managed to lose.  On The Fast Diet I fast - sort of -- I eat only 500 calories 2 days a week.  Consuming only 500 calories is hard, but I space my fast days out and know that I can eat normally 5 days a week.  I didn't think it would work, but the weight is coming off. 

So, what sort of stuff and how much of it do you eat on your fast days that amounts to 500 calories?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #942 on: January 09, 2014, 12:48:00 am »
Jeff, I know this sounds crazy, but on Mondays (a fast day) I'll wait until I'm off work when I'll eat my only meal of the day.  I take advantage of the "sale" at KFC: 2 pieces (leg and thigh) with a cobbette and small mashed potatoes.  If I get the grilled chicken (I always do) the chicken, corn and mashed potatoes (and gravy)  total 460 calories or so.  I'll add a small green beans to put the total up to 500 and fill me up more.  Tuesday and Wednesday I eat normally but try to watch what I eat.  Tomorrow I'll probably have oatmeal for breakfast and at dinner I'll have a tiny salad and 2 small baked salmon fillets.  I also like to limit diet soft drinks on fast days, while I fill up on water and sugarless green tea.  The fast diet is supposed to lower cholesterol levels, cut cancer and diabetes risk, and there are other benefits beyond weight loss.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #943 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:58 am »
Thanks! I don't think the KFC sounds crazy--gives you something to look forward to during the day.

And you answered my next question--about drinking water during the day on fast days.  :)

This morning I had an egg and two turkey sausage patties, with coffee, for breakfast. And then, at the last minute, because I was feeling particularly hungry, I had a slice of whole-wheat toast.

I wonder what would happen if I turned my daily eating habits upside down--had the entree that I usually have for dinner at breakfast time instead, and then had breakfast--plus a salad--at dinner time? Would it affect my tiredness/energy level at all? What affect would it have on the timing of my daily schedule?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #944 on: January 09, 2014, 12:43:07 pm »
Doesn't that just figure? On the day I supplement my breakfast of an egg and sausages with a slice of toast, somebody brings a huge box of soft pretzels into work!  :laugh:

I'm going to eat one at lunch.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #945 on: January 09, 2014, 01:09:52 pm »
One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not working in an office anymore!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #946 on: January 09, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »
Thanks! I don't think the KFC sounds crazy--gives you something to look forward to during the day.

And you answered my next question--about drinking water during the day on fast days.  :)

This morning I had an egg and two turkey sausage patties, with coffee, for breakfast. And then, at the last minute, because I was feeling particularly hungry, I had a slice of whole-wheat toast.

I wonder what would happen if I turned my daily eating habits upside down--had the entree that I usually have for dinner at breakfast time instead, and then had breakfast--plus a salad--at dinner time? Would it affect my tiredness/energy level at all? What affect would it have on the timing of my daily schedule?  ???

Jeff, I don't think you will notice any difference at all.  I often have breakfast for dinner, and a large dinner-like breakfast some mornings.  I don't feel any change in my energy levels or my daily schedule.  If you watch your calorie intake you should be fine.

I decided to have some more grilled chicken from KDF for dinner.  I got off work too late to cook and the drive-thru was callin' my name.  I was able to keep within my 500 calorie limit, and look forward to eating normally tomorrow and until next Monday.  I'll do about an hour on the exercise bike, which, according to most sources out there, will eat up most of the 500 calories I consumed during the day.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #947 on: January 09, 2014, 10:27:06 pm »
Doesn't that just figure? On the day I supplement my breakfast of an egg and sausages with a slice of toast, somebody brings a huge box of soft pretzels into work!  :laugh:

I'm going to eat one at lunch.

Why not?  Sounds good to me!    :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #948 on: January 10, 2014, 10:38:54 am »
Jeff, I don't think you will notice any difference at all.  I often have breakfast for dinner, and a large dinner-like breakfast some mornings.  I don't feel any change in my energy levels or my daily schedule.  If you watch your calorie intake you should be fine.

I already do, that, too. It gives more time to enjoy it. The only difference is that when I have "breakfast" for "supper," I usually add a salad.

Why not?  Sounds good to me!    :)

That soft pretzel was good!  :laugh:  Actually, I customarily carry a serving of pretzel nuggets with my lunch, and I just ate the soft pretzel instead.

Offline RebeccaJhon

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2014, 04:24:02 am »
Drink green tea and maintain your diet to maintain your health and fitness. Avoid the junk food and eat salad. For losing weight exercise and diet both are important tools and with exercise we should reduce the amount of calories in the diet. It is good to eat simple food like vegetables because there are low calories in vegetables.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:53:35 am by RebeccaJhon »