Author Topic: France honors actors Ewan McGregor and Jm Carrey  (Read 2901 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
France honors actors Ewan McGregor and Jm Carrey
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:31:53 am »
France has honored actors Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor by naming them knights in the prestigious National Order of Arts and Letters.

The two are in Paris to promote their upcoming gay romance, "I Love You Phillip Morris."

At Monday's ceremony, French Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand declared, "I love you Jim Carrey! I love you Ewan McGregor!"

He added that French moviegoers feel the same.

The film is based on a true story. Carrey plays a con man who meets the love of his life (McGregor) in prison, then comes up with elaborate escapes and masquerades to free himself and his man.

I wish Jake and Heath had felt as comfortable as these two...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: France honors actors Ewan McGregor and Jm Carrey
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:35 am »
Damn!! Look at that kiss! I'm getting all hot and bothered!

Did that movie ever get released here in the U.S.? I remember hearing about it but I never saw any commercials and I haven't seen it in the stores on DVD. I'd love to see it.

I can't get the link to open, so I'm sorry if my questions were already answered in the article. I haven't been able to read it.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:37:32 am »

Did that movie ever get released here in the U.S.? I remember hearing about it but I never saw any commercials and I haven't seen it in the stores on DVD. I'd love to see it.

I can't get the link to open, so I'm sorry if my questions were already answered in the article. I haven't been able to read it.

It was supposed to be released on 2/14/10 in the U.S., but it got pushed back to March.  :P

There was no link, that's the whole of it right there.  Got it from Ewan news

http://ewan.pitas.com/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:18:20 am »
It was supposed to be released on 2/14/10 in the U.S., but it got pushed back to March.  :P

There was no link, that's the whole of it right there.  Got it from Ewan news

http://ewan.pitas.com/

Thanks Del!

Valentines Day would have been the perfect day to release it. At least they are still planning to play it here in the U.S. I had almost completely forgot about that movie. It sounds like it will be very good.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:49:11 pm »
Here's some more shots of the ceremony.  Looks like Ewan and Jim get along famously.

At the bottom left, there are some linked pics and there are some nice pics of a shirtless Jake Gyllenhaal playing ball as well.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2413448/jim-carrey-ewan-mcgregor-kiss-01/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:46:35 pm »

Not me. I can't stand Jim Carrey. But, Jesus H.! Those pictures look like a weddin'!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.