Author Topic: Save "As The World Turns"  (Read 1975 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Save "As The World Turns"
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:39 am »
In December, CBS announced that it will cancel the longest running soap opera on TV "As The World Turns." The show began in April of 1956 and since that time has always featured superb and groundbreaking storylines. Many of you are familiar with Luke and Noah story. The first ever gay male kiss in American daytime happened between them on August 17, 2007. The couple still appears on ATWT and the show has treated them not as some type of stereotypical gay characters, but as just a regular couple. In 1988, ATWT featured the first gay male character on American soap operas. Beyond this, ATWT is simply a very good show. The storylines are developed and the show is about more than "bed scenes" and "whose baby is whose." The show is about generations of families in the fictitious town of Oakdale and it has generations of viewers as well. Actually I was never a soap opera fan until I started recording episodes of ATWT for my mother after the other long running soap opera "Another World" ended. I began to know the characters and the families. I realized that this was not the typical silly kind of show such as what I had always thought soap operas were.  This show is an American institution and a historical icon. It truly should be saved by CBS and if not by CBS by another network. I am hoping many of you will join the effort to save ATWT. I will post numbers you can call and places you can write. Thanks in advance for your support in this effort. I will include numbers in the next post.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Save "As The World Turns"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:20:55 am »
My mom used to watch ATWT when I was a baby! That was her show, for many years, until she went back to work when I was in seventh or eighth grade.