Author Topic: Dealing with young Kids & teenagers (A thread not just for parents!)  (Read 12241 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Dealing with young Kids & teenagers (A thread not just for parents!)
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 09:35:11 am »
Kids......who'd have em if we knew what we were in for..........

I must have said that a million times over the years. I've often said, God made us love our kids so much and so unconditionally, otherwise, most of us would give them away without a second thought.

There is not much my two didn't get up to over the years, sometimes they were people I acutally did not like, but as parents you stick with them, keep repeating the ground rules about family unity and respect, and finally when they reached about 30 they turned into good people, good sons, good family men themselves. And  not only are we proud of them, but more importantly THEY are proud of themselves.

What happens when you have kids, from the day they are born, we worry about them. Worry worry worry, and as they get older the worries get bigger, and as they get older, the control we have to keep them safe, gets less and less. Another thing I have said many many times, is.....nobody knows what worry is, until they have a child.

Oh, then later on, along comes the grandkids....and its YOUR kid looking after YOUR grandchild.....so now you got more to bloody worry about.

And now, my son has his own 16year old, and shakes his head at some of the shit he gets up to, and then has the audacity to say to me, he wasn't like that when he was 16........bloody hell, thats another thing about kids...they have no memory.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 12:39:04 pm »
And now, my son has his own 16year old, and shakes his head at some of the shit he gets up to, and then has the audacity to say to me, he wasn't like that when he was 16........bloody hell, thats another thing about kids...they have no memory.

;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 09:39:51 am »
So true, Sue!!

My son and his dad are off to Arizona this weekend for a big bicycle race. Although I love him to bits, I'm looking forward to him being gone for a while, and look forward to him coming home all tired out with some of that extreme nervous energy gone!!  ;)  8)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 09:54:40 am »
My son and his dad are off to Arizona this weekend for a big bicycle race. Although I love him to bits, I'm looking forward to him being gone for a while, and look forward to him coming home all tired out with some of that extreme nervous energy gone!!  ;)  8)

Maybe that's a resource for parents that public service agencies should consider -- something to wear kids out!

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 09:57:54 am »
What happens when you have kids, from the day they are born, we worry about them. Worry worry worry, and as they get older the worries get bigger, and as they get older, the control we have to keep them safe, gets less and less. Another thing I have said many many times, is.....nobody knows what worry is, until they have a child.

Oh, then later on, along comes the grandkids....and its YOUR kid looking after YOUR grandchild.....so now you got more to bloody worry about.

In a novel I read years ago, a female character says to her pregnant daughter-in-law, "you will never forget that you are a mother. But your children will forget that they are your children." Is that something like you're talking about?