Author Topic: Chat Room Poll  (Read 10021 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Chat Room Poll
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:14 am »
Someone offered that a chat room feature might make BetterMost a more useful place for people.  There are a few add-on packages that are available that integrate reasonably with this forum software, but before I spend time on it, I'd like to learn if it's a feature useful for users.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 01:25:13 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Re: Chat Room Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 07:59:29 pm »
I am looking into chat software for the forum.  There are about three packages and they seem to rely on some form of IRC chat.  I'll have John look into the technical matters with it and see about implementing it if it's not too complex.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:30:42 pm »
Wow....Philip...a chat room would be AWESOME!!   I, for one, am really looking forward to a place where we could all talk!!  Good luck with the project Philip.  Do you EVER get any sleep?   ;)
Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 09:51:37 pm »
Wow....Philip...a chat room would be AWESOME!!   I, for one, am really looking forward to a place where we could all talk!!  Good luck with the project Philip.  Do you EVER get any sleep?   ;)

Yes, especially lately.  But I am being b*tched at because I've let housecleaning duties suffer because I am sitting at the computer writing.  I've also more or less stopped watching television, except for Bill Maher on HBO and a few other shows here and there.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 02:35:20 am »

Yes, especially lately.  But I am being b*tched at because I've let housecleaning duties suffer because I am sitting at the computer writing.  I've also more or less stopped watching television, except for Bill Maher on HBO and a few other shows here and there.

LOL....I hear ya!!  If I lived closeby I'd come in and do some 'cleaninup fer ya' ma friend.  <practicing my BBB...Brokeback brogue> But, alas, I have three weeks laundry piling up here myself!!   ;)  Thank you for all you do...Philip!!   :-*
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 01:11:43 am »
Still just a newbie... but I love the give and take of chat.

But...I must say the current format forces me to be a little more deliberate in my thought and expression, especially with complex topics.  So it's not such a bad thing...

So, consider my yes vote a qualified one.

Kudz

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 09:44:20 am »
Great chat yesterday...there were 13 people at one point when I was online. Once we got everyone assigned a colour, it was fairly easy to keep track of the intertwining dialogues. I especially enjoy chatting with newcomers to the board. Try it if you have an extra 15 minutes or so (altho I can easly use up several hours chatting w/o noticing how much time is going by!) Jump in, the water's fine! Just click on the chat button on your toolbar up top.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 12:45:47 pm »

Great chat yesterday...there were 13 people at one point when I was online. Once we got everyone assigned a colour, it was fairly easy to keep track of the intertwining dialogues. I especially enjoy chatting with newcomers to the board. Try it if you have an extra 15 minutes or so (altho I can easly use up several hours chatting w/o noticing how much time is going by!) Jump in, the water's fine! Just click on the chat button on your toolbar up top.

Yeah - it was a great time.  Pup tent got too crowded after a while, people poking each other with elbows (I think it was elbows), stepping on toes, etc., so we went out to the campfire.  It was just great!  It's easy to invite other users who are on-line to join you in the chat room, and a great way to get to know each other better. 
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 09:53:52 am »
Is there a chat room on here yet, and if there is, how do i get in it
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 10:40:11 am »
Hi Katie. Just click on the chat icon above (with the lips) and you're in! A box on the right hand side of the screen will tell you if there's anyone else there.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!