Author Topic: Brokeback Weather Alert - Snowfall Coming to Higher Mountains  (Read 69829 times)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Brokeback Weather Alert - Snowfall Coming to Higher Mountains
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 06:12:44 pm »
Progress of the aspens in the Rocky Mountains~~here's a pic of my abode, circa October 1. How does this compare with the Maine scene, Leslie??

« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 08:50:39 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 10:31:25 pm »
Lee, that's beautiful! I am positively pea-green with envy!

Your photo shows why I love fall--the beautiful colors of the trees, the clear blue of the sky.

Have to say, though, that even smack in the middle of Center City Philadelphia, fall can present some pretty spectacular sights. My condo is on the top floor of a 30-story high-rise (which helps with the view). Last Friday, the weather was clear after a bout of stormy, rainy weather on Thursday. About a half hour after sunset, I looked out my dining room windows, toward the southwest, and the horizon was a regular rainbow of color, from the deep midnight blue of the sky overhead, all through the spectrum (I guess) to deep, dark red just along the horizon. It was beautiful.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 02:33:03 pm »
Thanks, Jeff! May I suggest you try a little bit different shade, such as olive green or teal? Pea green doesn't work for you, as Linda Blair could tell you.  8) So, in the picture you can see what I call my "moon viewing garden" which is a round garden in the middle of the circular driveway. I have tried to strategically place some moss rocks there in a triangular configuration as a kind of mini-Stongehenge to focus the energy. Looking for my local version of the FSU to bless it someday. Anyway, that's where I'll be Thursday nite (if the wifi stretches that far) and Friday, I'll be on the road to Durango to meet up with Mel.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 06:57:03 pm »
In the interest of truth in advertising and full disclosure, here's another pic of my abode:

This one was taken on Memorial Day weekend!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 08:52:15 am by Front-Ranger »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 07:21:42 pm »
Thanks, Jeff! May I suggest you try a little bit different shade, such as olive green or teal? Pea green doesn't work for you, as Linda Blair could tell you.  8) So, in the picture you can see what I call my "moon viewing garden" which is a round garden in the middle of the circular driveway. I have tried to strategically place some moss rocks there in a triangular configuration as a kind of mini-Stongehenge to focus the energy. Looking for my local version of the FSU to bless it someday. Anyway, that's where I'll be Thursday nite (if the wifi stretches that far) and Friday, I'll be on the road to Durango to meet up with Mel.

Teal? Eeew. Way too gay for my tastes.  ;D I look pretty good in forest green, though.

Um, and what is "the FSU"?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 11:08:13 am »
Oops, I meant to say the FSD--Feng Shui Director--our own Celeste (not to be confused with the FSU--former Soviet Union  :)). She's the one who keeps things mellow on the Performance Thread.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:10:46 am by Front-Ranger »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 12:05:24 pm »
How long did that snow stick at Memorial Day? Longer than an hour, I'd bet.  :)

(Thanks on the FSD. I'd seen that elsewhere and had no clue, as I don't "do" the Performance Thread.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 12:07:14 pm by Jeff Wrangler »

moremojo

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 07:34:55 pm »
In the interest of truth in advertising and full disclosure, here's another pic of my abode:

This one was taken on Memorial Day weekend!!
Lee, the very first thought I had when seeing this was that this reminded me of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining! Not so much the house itself, but that dark, snowbound atmosphere. I could imagine people getting pretty stir-crazy rather quickly in those conditions.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 09:47:00 am »
As I recall this was taken early in the morning after I had just taken the dog out. You can bet I was muttering sumthun about goin to Mexico that morning!!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:10 pm »
On Tuesday of this week we had our first "dump" of snow in the Rocky Mountains. Fortunately, everything was clear and dry the next day for our trip to Casper, Wyoming, for the Freedom State Writers' Festival. That snow barely stuck an hour, but I did have a chance to snap a pic or two and here they are: