Author Topic: Were You Bullied In School?  (Read 12628 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Were You Bullied In School?
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:19:05 am »
We must erase the hate. As adults and parents, we must teach children that this is not tolerable!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 11:57:31 am »
Yes, I was bullied. No, I did not contemplate suicide. I was bullied at school, and in the streets for being black. I fixed the problem by kicking ass instead.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:01 pm »
I was bullied in school.  it got worse in Junior High when I got my first pair of glasses and then when I got acne.  Didn't take much for them to find something to make fun of me   It wasn't until around the 10th grade when they slowly stopped. 

I never contemplated suicide when I was in school (though over the years as an adult there have been some very dark moments for me)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 12:10:40 pm »

I was bullied pretty routinely in junior high.  I remember those 3 years being absolutely horrible.  But, we moved at the end of 8th grade to a different state.  So, I had a clean slate to start high school, which turned out to be just fine... actually a pretty nice experience overall.  But, even during the bad years of junior high I didn't contemplate suicide.  I can understand how bullying might lead some kids to feel that terrible though... bullying truly can be a totally demoralizing thing to have to deal with.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 01:47:29 pm »
I was bullied in school, and suffered depression because of it, contemplated running away from home but didn't. I sought solice in religion, which kept my mind occupied by the never ending goal of being a worthy person.

I am glad to see the education system taking it more seriously now. I think in a way a lot of it is hormone induced among the students, but I also felt persecuted and picked on by teachers and administrators as well. Any step forward is a positive one.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 05:24:09 pm »

These stories just break my heart.  I wish I would have known you all.  I would have taken up for you, and
told those other people to drop dead from leprosy or some other horrid disease.  They deserve to have someone
say hateful and mean things to them.  Tease them about their ignorance, or some other thing that you know they
have, that causes them insecurity.   I am so so sorry.  I want to apologize to all of you for the bad things you had
to suffer from others..Love Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 05:31:30 pm »

These stories just break my heart.  I wish I would have known you all.  I would have taken up for you, and
told those other people to drop dead from leprosy or some other horrid disease.  They deserve to have someone
say hateful and mean things to them.  Tease them about their ignorance, or some other thing that you know they
have, that causes them insecurity.   I am so so sorry.  I want to apologize to all of you for the bad things you had
to suffer from others..Love Janice

Was very lovely thing to say, Janice.  I just wished every school had teachers and classmate like you! And every bullying workplace too!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 04:29:41 am »
Hopefully hthese days things can be different.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline zephaniah

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 12:58:10 pm »
  Shunned in grade-school, bullied by my dad and older brother - I just figured they were all stupid and so ignored them - I think this is why I understand Ennis: in my childhood, other people were dangerous jerks that had to be dealt with only when absolutely necessary.  This, of course leads to big gaps in one's socialization skills, which pushes one further away from the rest of the world.  I accepted isolation as the only way I could find happiness.  And I did, which only re-inforced that sad state of affairs.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:16:13 am by zephaniah »

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 06:24:45 am »
Yes I was bullied at school.
Quite a bit of name calling and spitting. I could never really understand why, I put it down to being different and not having a girlfriend.

I didn't like school at all, I found it a very lonely place to be. 
I did have some friends who I used to hang around with away from school, but never kept in touch with after I left school.