Author Topic: We are still in healing mode  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
We are still in healing mode
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:28:47 pm »
My guess is that, as Victoria said, we are literally suffering from some degree of PTSD.  I'd like to ask all of us to take a breath, and wait a day before posting anything earth-rocking.

I am here.  This is place is Heaven.

Clarissa

vkm91941

Re: We are still in healing mode
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:38:53 pm »
Yes please everyone, just settle in and relax, explore, visit the neighbors, play ABC's and 123, lets all leave Phil alone to run his site as he sees fit and just enjoy this little patch of heaven he's so graciously welcomed us to. :-*

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:39:16 pm »
Thanks Elle, and ditto Vic - I posted something similar to this on another thread, and wanted to repeat it here too:

I don't know if ya'll have any idea what a huge increase in the amount of time and attention and resources our presence at BetterMost.net has created for Phillip, and he's responding with flexibility and consideration and careful thought about what will work best.  He's getting messages and e-mails and posts non-stop with inquiries and suggestions and ideas for modification...and he's handling it all with amazing grace and the same generosity that he extended last week.

If you look at the CT stats, we've posted hundreds (thousands)  of messages already, and that's just since Thursday.  In additional to providing any support that anyone needs and personally addressing registration issues, he's putting new technologies into place to make sure it stays troll-free, enhancing the radio selections, and changing the site as we have requested to address our particular concerns.

He knows all about the troll issues we've had, and didn't hesitate for a minute to invite us here, even knowing that they could follow.  He was happy just to have us use and benefit from this site.

So - I say let's give him and all of us a chance to settle in and see what works and what doesn't, and give him the time to figure it all out without us pressuring him.  We've been here just a few days, and it's gonna take a while, which seems more than fair to me.  

Deep breath - another deep breath - and one more...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 08:47:05 pm »
Amen to that!

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 08:55:39 pm »
We are all really lucky to have this place, after all the crap that went on over at IMDb...

www.jlodown.com << Contains graphic, disturbing videos...

"If you can't fix it, you've got to stand it."
~Ennis Del Mar
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:02:38 pm »

www.jlodown.com << Contains graphic, disturbing videos...

Oh - I thought you meant any image of JLo is disturbing, which is true.  I'm a vegetarian anyway, but this stuff just gets me so bad - my sweet kitty went an hid too...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:10:49 pm »
Exactly. Like I said in another thread, although this whole troll situation has made people uneasy, we have to try and keep in mind that we are fairly safe here (at least safer than we were at IMdB)  as long as the invites are carefully organized. We have to relax a little, take a deep breath like Vic said, and stick together.

I'm not going anywhere. I've unpacked my bags, and I've even put pictures and paintings on the walls; I'm here to stay. Another BIG thanks to Phil for creating this place. I think it'd be best to leave it up to him to decide how to run it  ;D

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 09:13:34 pm »

I'm not going anywhere. I've unpacked my bags, and I've even put pictures and paintings on the walls; I'm here to stay.

Yup - me too.  I put a downpayment on a  little piece a land on the back 40 - $5 bills in a coffee can so far, but I'm saving up.  If Phillip'll let me, I'm thinking of setting up cow and calf operation there - could be a sweet life.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 11:38:53 pm »
Thanks for acknowledging that we are in PTSD mode, Celeste, Elle, and others. We are. As I was sayin' in the other thread, we're all like horses with a low startle point this week. Could use some good ridin' from a someone named "Jack."

Ahh laughter, it's good to laugh.

Jenny

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:05:27 am by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 12:00:50 am »
we're all like horses with a low startle point this week. Could use a some good ridin' from a someone named "Jack."

LOL thanks for that jenny!  truer words have never been spoken.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 01:47:21 am »
Thanks for acknowledging that we are in PTSD mode, Celeste, Elle, and others. We are. As I was sayin' in the other thread, we're all like horses with a low startle point this week. Could use some good ridin' from a someone named "Jack."

Ahh laughter, it's good to laugh.

Jenny

Jenny, I think you have expressed the dearest wish of all of us here, no matter what gender or orientation!
Isabelle
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 03:05:54 am »
I agree with you Clarissa, a lot of people seem to be on edge because of the terrible events that took place at IMDB...
Hopefully after a few days everyone will be calmer  :) 

We're still a family, yes?  (now I need the group hug icon  :)

lots of love to everyone,
Reanna
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 03:45:59 am »
PTSD?

Post trol something something?

yes. i think we shoudl all breath deeply and have a little quart of whisky or summat.

That'll get us in the right frame of mind!

David/Surf if you read this guys *MWA!* from me. I love you guys and everyone else here.

Gottsa go and do some work. sheesh. Why does my paid employment always take over from my BBM time!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 04:04:18 am »
unstickying

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 03:59:31 pm »
For those who asked:

PTSS: Post traumatic stress syndrome- People with post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSS) can suffer from anxiety, sleeplessness, nightmares and concentration problems as a result of intense emotions such as those generated during the Troll Wars. Sometimes it is almost as if the 'disaster' could happen immediately all over again. As a result they sometimes prefer not to see people and things again which make them recall the disaster.

Reanna - Group Hug (with cowboy hats), courtesy of Ray:

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 04:30:40 pm »
Thanks sweetheart!!! Sure need to spread the message of group hugs in this world  :angel:

But the pic is not showing up on my comp...  It's ok, will figure it out.

lots of love,
reanna
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 04:36:15 pm by reannawrites »
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 04:32:19 pm »
I like Kelda's interpretaton of it "Post Trolls Stress Syndrome"!   It kinda says it all.

P.S. I've been away today cause of work (gaaaw!) and I don't think I'll be going to see the movie tonight (in the last theater it's showing at in Manhattan!) even though it is St. Heath's birthday. Instead, I need a little time to commune with you all and start my necklaces for those who ordered (feel free to get in touch if you want one--the cowboy hat charms one). At least I think so. I may change my mind and run out at 7 pm or something.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 05:15:08 pm »
That reminds me, Jenny.  I want a harmonica one.  i was going to order it from that place you posted and forgot.  I think it will be my St. Heath's Day present to myself.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 05:17:14 pm »
My guess is that, as Victoria said, we are literally suffering from some degree of PTSD. 

LOL   I thought PTSD  meant "Pierre Tremblay Separation Disorder!"    ;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 05:19:32 pm »
PTSD

Put The Soup Down

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 05:46:41 pm »
Ennis!  Pass The Soap To me!     LOL >:D