Author Topic: Survey about LBQ Women's Health Issues  (Read 7108 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Survey about LBQ Women's Health Issues
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:44:46 am »
I received this from a Quaker friend, so I trust the source. I did delete the name as to not post it in a thread - PM me if you'd like it.
----------
Hello!

My name is (name). I’m at graduate student at Antioch University Los Angeles. I’m doing a study on lesbian, bisexual and queer women’s health concerns.

I’d like to represent women across all ages, ethnicities, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographic locations. I thought you might be able to help me find participants. Any help would be would be most appreciated.

Although there has been significant growth in the field of lesbian, bisexual, and queer women’s health research, there is still a lot we don’t know. We know a lot about the health concern differences between heterosexual women and lesbian, bisexual women, but there has been little research into why. This information could help find better treatments for sexual minority women. I would appreciate your help with this survey to help me learn about the health concerns of womyn in our community.

Women who are at least 18 years old and live in the United States are eligible to participate. Straight women and transgender people are not eligible, due to the different health concerns. Participation is strictly voluntary. The online survey is confidential. After completion of the survey, participants will be eligible for a chance to win a Visa gift card for $200.

Here’s the link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/womynshealthstudy

The online survey asks questions about your medical history as relating to weight, mental health, history of abuse, diet, exercise, body image, feelings, thoughts, experiences that you may have had as a woman, and your demographics.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail announcement to eligible friends/colleagues and other lesbian/bisexual/queer womyn related listservs. Thank you in advance for your help with this project!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the principal investigator, (name), at

womynshealthstudy at gmail dot com.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
(Name)

Antioch University Los Angeles
MA Psychology Graduate Program,
LGBT Specialization
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Survey about LBQ Women's Health Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:04:51 am »
I just completed this survey - it took about 20-30 minutes, but I think it was very worthwhile.  There were many thought-provoking questions.  It was not entirely comfortable, but sometimes discussions like this aren't, right?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Survey about LBQ Women's Health Issues
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:10:10 pm »
i participated too.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator