Author Topic: Chat about diversity  (Read 5562 times)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Chat about diversity
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 03:59:53 pm »
you see with PC we can all rejoice that you are Black, but if anyone rejoices that I am White - well, that is just racism!

What, they don't have an annual WASP Day Parade where you live??

We had better stick with our pre-approved PC  identities - You just be happy with Black, and I'll just stick with Gay.  :laugh:

Actually, the pre-approved PC identity for me would be African-American. They're trying to get us all to stop using black. And my grandmother still refers to colored folks.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
Chat about diversity
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 04:35:48 pm »
What, they don't have an annual WASP Day Parade where you live??

Actually, the pre-approved PC identity for me would be African-American. They're trying to get us all to stop using black. And my grandmother still refers to colored folks.
:laugh: we wilt in the heat so we don't parade much outside, just a few demonstrations indoors at the country club.

yes, when I was a small boy the acceptable terminology was "colored" - there was a sweet made for cable tv movie made about 15 years ago, and set back in the late 1940's titled

"Once Upon A Time When We Were Colored".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114039/

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
Chat about diversity
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 02:59:39 pm »
More likely it would have been whitewashed!  :-\

Ben
Adelaide
South Australia

© thisisoz.com.au, ACON

How can you celebrate diversity in this thread, and then turn around and dis straight guys?? They are part of diversity too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:06:46 am by Kerry »
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.