Author Topic: Re: Happy Birthday marina!  (Read 16330 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy Birthday marina!
« on: July 10, 2010, 09:02:25 am »
I hope your day is great from beginning to end!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:24:16 am »
Oh, you are so sweet!  Thanks for the birthday wishes - too many birthdays for me I think, but I will enjoy the day!

:)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:22 am »
Happy birthday, Marina!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 11:13:47 am »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINA!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 03:09:17 pm »
These are beautiful, thank you, all!  :*

I love Bettermost; always something good here.  Interesting, intelligent conversation no matter what side of the aisle, and everywhere in between.   And of course, our wonderful Brokeback Mountain.

Thanks again for the good wishes, FrontRanger, Meryl and Southendmd!
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:21:44 pm »
Happy birthday, Marina!  I hope you enjoy your special day, and I wish you many more.  May God bless and keep you!  :-*

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »
Thank you BoobieWaffleTush!

I have been enjoying my day.  BTW, I love reading your Brokeback Mountain drabbles; the fanfiction keeps the story alive.  :)

Marina
~Rachel Carson~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:47 pm »
I'm glad you're enjoying your day, sweetheart.  And thanks so much for reading my drabbles - I really enjoy writing them.  I once posted a drabble a day, but I stopped posting them so often as I didn't think they were being read.  I was wrong; people are reading them.  :)

I'm going to get myself a diet coke, lock myself in my room and read your fics.  I'm looking forward to it, and I promise I'll comment.

We should keep the story alive with fanfic, and I'll continue to post the drabbles. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 01:39:10 pm »
Happy Birthday!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xshbf5c4oBM[/youtube]
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:42:13 pm »
Hi Kelda,

Wow, thanks for all the good wishes!   That video was awesome - you can't beat being sung Happy Birthday to by a bunch of cute guys.   I had a great birthday weekend!  :)

Hi BWT!

Oh yes, I read your drabbles and don't always comment on all the fics, but I try to keep up with as many as I can.   I love to continue the story and to read other people's impressions of the characters.  BBM is one of my favorite love stories, and I so wanted them to be happy together.    One day I decided to try my hand at writing fic, it's meh but I like to do it, it's a fun hobby.  The drabbles can be fun and for me, I find them a good writing exercise. 

You keep writing, I'll keep reading!  :)

Thanks again for all the good wishes, everybody!   :*

~Rachel Carson~