Author Topic: Favorite Heath Ledger Movie?  (Read 11664 times)

vkm91941

Re: Favorite Heath Ledger Movie?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 10:45:34 pm »
Brokeback is my Fav...it must be said..it is #1

Now I voted for The Order because like Brokeback it is a brillant understated yet deeply poignant portrayal.  But I also lvoe Heath in Ned Kelly...excellent film, the best telling of that story around.  Also Two Hands and Monsters Ball, this boy can act!    Heath is a darling in Cassanova, The Patriot and A Knights Tale all very entertaining but not great acting just fun fluff

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 10:53:01 pm »
You gotta see A Knights Tale.....its funny yet dramatic!  Its good....
Oh I definitely will, Slayers. When it first came out I had no desire to see it. Now I'm eager to rent it! I'm looking forward to see how Heath handles his first leading role; and from what I hear, he more than holds his own.

And I'll be getting Two Hands, too, Mandy. As a matter of fact, as a newly converted Heathen, I'll be most likely checking out all of his work!
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 11:04:34 pm »
I have to admit I've only seen three of the movies on that list - 10 Things, A Knight's Tale and Lords of Dogtown.  I love 10 Things, so I voted for that, but I also really liked the other two.  And his acting blew me away in LOD (the movie is just okay though).  I saw it after seeing BBM and was worried that I'd just see Ennis, but I didn't see Ennis AT ALL. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:17 pm »
I didn't know that Bowie sang that..........<dodging bullets from Mandy>

Wow learn something new everyday....

You are makng me feel really old, Chris. I owned the album (vinyl) with Golden Years and literally wore tracks in it (as I did with most of my records). My daughter, the other day, asked me how a record player worked, because she has never seen one.

If you want more rock 'n roll trivia from the mists of time and from someone who has been there, feel free to ask  ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:52 pm »
You should see The Patriot, he's great in that too... I'll have to check out LODT

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 11:08:08 pm »
You should see The Patriot, he's great in that too... I'll have to check out LODT

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll be sure to check it out.
   Cowboys do it better

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 11:09:54 pm »
ROFL....your daughter asked you how a record players works?  ROFLMFAO!  Thats the second funniest thing I've heard all day...hey at least she wants to learn.....LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 11:16:40 pm »
ROFL....your daughter asked you how a record players works?  ROFLMFAO!  Thats the second funniest thing I've heard all day...hey at least she wants to learn.....LOL

Oh yes, she was full of questions. This all came about because we were listening to Led Zeppelin II (cd, in the car) and I always hit the "seek" button and skip ahead to song #5 (Heartbreaker). And Hannah (my daughter) says, "Why do you always do that, Mom?" And I said, totally seriously, and totally automatically, "Oh, the second side of this album is much better than the first." She looked at me like I was nuts. "What does that mean, Mom? What's a second side?" Man, I felt like something from Stonehenge.

And for anyone who is reading this, I would like to point out that we were listening to Led Zeppelin, NOT the Monkees! Major LOL!!!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 11:18:53 pm »
ROFLMFAO......

vkm91941

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 11:23:35 pm »

And for anyone who is reading this, I would like to point out that we were listening to Led Zeppelin, NOT the Monkees! Major LOL!!!

Hey now don't be dissin the Monkees, they had a few good songs in their day...LOL...Of course I was only 8 at the time and  what did I know but I still sing Daydream Believer!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:27:20 pm by vkm91941 »