Author Topic: The James Franco Project Continues:What It’s Like To Be James Franco’s Professor  (Read 78139 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

You can't blame James Franco for making the most of his "moment," but isn't he getting just a little bit overexposed?  ???

I guess he's not worried--he went on the Jon Stewart show last night!

Tuesday January 25, 2011
Intro - James Franco Is Stuck Under the Mini-Fridge
The mini-fridge in the green room came down on James Franco after he tried to get a fun size Snickers bar. (01:50)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-january-25-2011-james-franco

Also:

Tuesday January 25, 2011
Daily Show: James Franco
James Franco walked to poetry class after he heard he had received an Oscar nomination for best actor. (06:52)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-25-2011/james-franco

at 05:24
Jon Stewart:
"The nice thing about having you and Anne Hathaway do it is, you both command respect from the industry--immediately--because of the level of the work you do; I think it's going to be a wonderful thing, and I think it's going to help you."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:30:38 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
You can't blame James Franco for making the most of his "moment," but isn't he getting just a little bit overexposed?  ???

My local newspaper looked at each movie and acting nominee and named a pro and con for each. For 127H and JF, it called JF's a "virtuoso solo performance." But also, "Aren't we all a little sick of James Franco?"

Personally, I'm not.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
My local newspaper looked at each movie and acting nominee and named a pro and con for each. For 127H and JF, it called JF's a "virtuoso solo performance." But also, "Aren't we all a little sick of James Franco?"

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Includes a short and hilarious Oscar promo with James & Anne:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/01/27/hugh_jackman_to_present_at_academy_awards

Embarrasing confession:

Last Friday I had an erotic dream with James Franco!  It wasn't really sexual, just romantic. A bit like that scene in A SINGLE MAN where they are both reading on the sofa.  I loved it! I rarely have such dreams, well not with celebrities anyway. I think the last time was years ago with Johnny Carson of all people. :D

• BetterMost Supporter!
Embarrasing confession:

Last Friday I had an erotic dream with James Franco!  It wasn't really sexual, just romantic. A bit like that scene in A SINGLE MAN where they are both reading on the sofa.  I loved it! I rarely have such dreams, well not with celebrities anyway. I think the last time was years ago with Johnny Carson of all people. :D

Dream away, Gil--except don't pick your love interest as someone who dies  (never mind yourself!!) before the final frames. Just some judicious re -casting, then you and your beloved celebrity can live on, and have a happy ending. BUT--the re-casting is key. Instead Julia Roberts, let James Franco be the celebrity, and YOU can be the non-celeb, like Mr. Grant--

There you go, problem solved. Now start reading!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Meanwhile, I have to meet some
friends this evening--what on earth
am I going to wear??

"Camping Out"

Offline oilgun

I sense a trip to NYC coming up....

Franco Looks Likely to Join Kidman in ‘Sweet Bird of Youth’ on Broadway
[...]
Mr. Franco has recently made public comments that he is set for the play, though Mr. Cromer noted that negotiations were still under way and that no contracts had been signed. Still, Mr. Cromer said he felt optimistic that the production would come together with Mr. Franco starring opposite Nicole Kidman as the faded movie star Alexandra Del Lago.
[...]
“Very rarely do you find an actor who can really take on the varied complications of this character, which is one of those virtually uncastable Williams parts,” Mr. Cromer said. “Chance has to be a moron and a poet, and he also has to be fantastically great looking. It’s one of my favorite plays, but it’s such a mountain, and James and I were in total agreement that the production had to be about the play rather than making it about us. If all of this is about movie stars doing a play, then we should be doing an easier play.”

:laugh: :laugh:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/02/franco-looks-likely-to-join-kidman-in-sweet-bird-of-youth-on-broadway/

Offline oilgun

This would be amazing.  I'm off to the book store...

James Franco Bucks Hard To Land BLOOD MERIDIAN

James Franco has indeed proven himself to be a fine character actor, rather than just another pretty Hollywood face. The dude aims high, and I like that a lot. Franco is putting together an adaption of Faulkner's As I Lay Dying, which he hopes to follow up with a screen adaption of Cormac McCarthy's classic and uber-brutal novel of the Old West, Blood Meridian. Apparently Mr. Franco recently filmed a pitch scene, with actors Mark Pelligrino, Scott Glenn, Luke Perry, and Dave Franco (yep, James' brother) in an attempt to let rights holder Scott Rudin know just exactly how serious he is about bringing the tale to the screen.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/01/james-franco-bucks-hard-to-land-blood-meridian.php

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
This is from the site Gil just linked. Busy guy!

Film News
James Franco In Talks For OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
by Todd Brown, February 4, 2011 7:09 PM

How much has James Franco's stock risen in Hollywood over the past couple years? Enough that he is currently in talks to take the lead in Sam Raimi's big budget Oz, The Great And Powerful. Yeah, that'd be the Disney backed Oz prequel that initially had Robert Downey Jr in the lead, with the role offered to Johnny Depp when Downey dropped out. With Depp saying no last night the next option - according to The Hollywood Reporter - is James Franco.

While it no doubt helps that Franco has a working history with director Sam Raimi the idea that he would even be considered as the lead for a big budget tentpole film like this and be on casting lists with the likes of Downey and Depp represents a HUGE step up for Franco. This is a major studio saying they believe the versatile lead of Pineapple Express and 127 Hours has what it takes to play with the biggest of the big. And I've got to say that while I find it an odd choice I also think it's a pretty compelling one.

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/james-franco-takes-twitter-by-storm/

James Franco Takes Twitter by Storm
By MELENA RYZIK
February 21, 2011, 12:23 pm

Here’s your Presidents’ Day gift: James Franco’s been on Twitter just a couple days, and he’s already name-dropped about a famous artist (Richard Prince), starred in a video, created a highbrow comic and posted some meme-worthy kitten art.

Mr. Franco finally joined the Twitter service after both his mother and grandmother signed up, posting a video of himself (embedded above) for authenticity’s sake. Of course, that’s not all he’s been doing. Backstage reports from the rehearsals for the Oscars, where he is a host and a nominee, say that he reads whenever he gets the chance. And as we head into Oscars week, Mr. Franco is an in-demand party guest, appearing on the R.S.V.P. lists for several soirées. (His co-host, Anne Hathaway, has not turned up nearly as frequently). He’s also, by the way, opening a show at the Gagosian Gallery, with the director Gus Van Sant. The gallery has few details about the exhibit, except that it’s called, perhaps appropriately, “Unfinished.”

In other multitasking news, “The Simpsons” took on awards season on Sunday, when Bart made an animated short that started earning industry laurels. As Splitsider reports , the real treat was seeing his competition: parodies of “Wallace & Gromit,” “The Triplets of Belleville,” “Persepolis” and of course, “Condiments,” from those geniuses at “Mixar.”

Also posted in Culture Tent's Anne Hathaway, James Franco to host Oscars:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,48336.msg604718/topicseen.html#msg604718

"Camping Out"