Author Topic: The James Franco Project Continues:What It’s Like To Be James Franco’s Professor  (Read 78138 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
“Franco looks completely different with a penis on his nose,” Heiss noted.

Astute observation.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: James and James, Franco & Dean; East of Eden
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2012, 10:52:59 am »
You're right as usual, Gil. It was called just James Dean, was shown in 2001, and Franco won a Golden GLobe and Screen Actors Guild award for his performance! I'll have to seek that one out.

Meanwhile, there's a movie coming out this year about Dean's hidden gay life, I understand.

You know every time one of these movies come out so many years after the death of a person.  I wonder about them.  So much is
said, or intimated, and gossiped about in Hollywood.  Then as now much of it untruth and some of course well known.  It is always hard
for me to take this stuff totally on face value.  I think lots of these things are revisionist life stories.  I am not saying one way or the other
about this one in particular.  I am just saying, I am always rather suspect of the reasons and intents behind them...
  If a story is well known by intimates, and close friends.  They then tell about it after the person is gone.  I think that is probably a true thing. Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift were very very close.  She always knew of his sexual orientation.  So did many others. They had starred together in their first big hollywood movie as adults.   A Place in the Sun..  So it was not a shock when the truth was revealed.  However I was a huge fan of James Dean, and as most teenagers did and still do.  Kept up with everything about him.  I heard about his love affair with a young Italian actress, named Pier Angeli, who had moved here right after the war.  I know he and she were together some of the time.  He may or may not have had gay lovers as well.  Some mentioned Sal Mineo, who was gay, and
was killed.  They were very close, but no one knew if it was because of a friendship that developed when working on Revel Without a Cause, or if there was more to it.  Then He and Clift were also very close.  He worked on Giant also, with Elizabeth, and coincidentally Rock Hudson,  who was also gay. 
   All I am saying is that there has been speculation in many quarters about lots of famous actors, who may have been gay.  They may have been bi, or straight.  No one can say now.  It is too late, and most of the people are gone, and lots of the people that would relate such things are suspect themselves, because of the money they may make as a result of telling their own vision of history or as I choose to call it.  Revisionist history. 
   Maybe it is all because I am such a cynic about such things?  I don't know.  All I am saying, is that you have to view most of these kinds of things with a jaundiced eye.  They may be true and one hundred percent factual.  However they may be entirely made up.
   I do still love James Franco.  Even if his professor does say he sleeps in class.      :)

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!

Omg, I never realized, until a friend
told me today--You Know Who and I
share a birthday!!
(Unfortunately, the only thing--unlike other things, such as
Youth, Beauty, and Brains--oh well!   :laugh: :laugh: )

James Edward Franco
April 19, 1978 (age 34)

Happy Birthday, Youngster!

;D

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:27:59 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I wonder how come he doesn't have a role in Magic Mike. He does just about everything else.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
I've never particularly cared for James Franco, especially with facial hair, but he looks really good in the Toyota car commercials that are currently playing on TV.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
I've never particularly cared for James Franco, especially with facial hair, but he looks really good in the Toyota car commercials that are currently playing on TV.

I'll have to look for them. I rarely watch TV with commercials, and when I do I usually fast-forward through them. But that one I would watch, just as I watched the Matthew McConaughey ones for whatever car that was. (Lincoln?)

I think he's easy on the eyes, even with small amounts of facial hair, and a good actor, and evidently intelligent. But I find his personality slightly annoying.

UPDATE: I thought, why wait? I'll just google it now. So I found it on a USA Today page and of course, videos being what they are today, I had to watch a commercial before I could watch the commercial.  ::)

Anyway, yeah, he's lookin' pretty good. In both outfits. Though I'll have to say that the commercial leverages the aspect of James Franco's personality that I find slightly annoying: the "aren't I brilliant and arty and quirky and complex and fascinating?" part.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
I'll have to look for them. I rarely watch TV with commercials, and when I do I usually fast-forward through them. But that one I would watch, just as I watched the Matthew McConaughey ones for whatever car that was. (Lincoln?)

Yes, it was Lincoln.

I think he's easy on the eyes, even with small amounts of facial hair, and a good actor, and evidently intelligent. But I find his personality slightly annoying.

UPDATE: I thought, why wait? I'll just google it now. So I found it on a USA Today page and of course, videos being what they are today, I had to watch a commercial before I could watch the commercial.  ::)

Anyway, yeah, he's lookin' pretty good. In both outfits. Though I'll have to say that the commercial leverages the aspect of James Franco's personality that I find slightly annoying: the "aren't I brilliant and arty and quirky and complex and fascinating?" part.

Did you see both of them, the one with the lumberjacks and the one with the wolves?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Did you see both of them, the one with the lumberjacks and the one with the wolves?

Neither! I saw one where he was simultaneously driving an elegant car wearing a tuxedo (a la McConaughey) and a casual car wearing a jean jacket. The scene went back and forth until the two cars met up on a beach and each James Franco got out and ripped off his clothes to reveal ... a tuxedo under the jean jacket and a jean jacket under the tuxedo.