Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263405 times)

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: All Brokies read! Emergency!!!!!!
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2010, 05:45:10 pm »
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2010, 05:47:04 pm »
Tell you what, something that I believe--another lesson I learned from my mother's death--is that people we love don't really leave us when they are taken from this life, because they live on in our hearts--because we love them--as long as we live on. Rich will always be with us in our hearts because we love him.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »
Oh, shucks, after all the occasions I've been cranky and given you good reason to dislike me. ...

You're just ornery - that's a likeable quality, mostly.   :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2010, 05:50:41 pm »
Rich was so excited when he found out that Fiona and I were planning a visit to Atlanta. He was helping to plan for our weekendbut it never came to pass.  Lynne and I were in Atlanta and met Wayne but Rich couldnt make it. I felt so sad that he wouldnt be joining us. Then we were to go to the gay rodeo where he and gene were to partake duriing the Brokie Stampede.  That didnt happen either.  I have his "A Cowboy's Christmas Prayer" card sitting right her next to me.  Three different occasions I almost got to meet this handsome cowboy lonlebee3.  How wonderful the movie Brokeback is and all these message board especially for helping this man come out and then find true love.  He surely is a wonderful man that he is an organ donor.  Bless Rich, Biz, Gene, the boys, Truman, Lynne, Chuck, Eric and all of us becasue we were blessed to know him on Bettermost.  Im praying for sure.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2010, 05:51:47 pm »
Tell you what, something that I believe--another lesson I learned from my mother's death--is that people we love don't really leave us when they are taken from this life, because they live on in our hearts--because we love them--as long as we live on. Rich will always be with us in our hearts because we love him.

That's right Jeff.

I believe that our tears of sadness will one day be replaced with smiles from our memories of him.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2010, 05:52:51 pm »
Here's a direct link, David.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=BBM

Oh, thank you Fritz!!! :-*

I'll give it another try here in a few minutes. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2010, 05:55:36 pm »

I believe that too, Jeff.

And if Truman (and David?) are right, and I can't think of a time they haven't been, Rich will still be alive until his name is spoken for the last time.  We will keep him alive in our memories and our conversations.  And we'll tell people we know about him, and so forth...He will be remembered for ages to come.

Heck, Brokies aside, Elizabeth will keep him alive for generations upon generations.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2010, 06:02:14 pm »
I lighted my candle - it is somehow very soothing to know that we all hold our fellow Brokies in our hearts in a special way, after all these years.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2010, 06:05:37 pm »
I've copied and pasted the link for candles onto DCF as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2010, 06:06:47 pm »
There's no way this is happening.  There's just no way...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...