Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263406 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #420 on: August 02, 2010, 10:12:15 pm »
I hope (in some very, very, very distant year) that Rich will have a similar encounter.

O my, Fritz. That story was so touching. Now I'm crying again. It is just so hard to believe that this tragedy happened. Bless all of you who have been in Rich's physical presence because the pain has to be multiplied manyfold. Thank you for posting that, Fritz.  :'(  :'(  :'(
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:36 pm »

I am just sad and "empty" right now. What these Brokie losses keep reminding me is that love and friendship do not require a daily face-to-face relationship. My heart is broken for those left behind.

Heathen

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2010, 10:28:08 pm »
If I could allow myself to stop crying, I would then allow myself to stop being angry at God.  Right now, I just want to punch my fists into walls...

Mandy you cry all you need too, and blame whatever you need to to help you cope.

There is no answer to why. You and the rest of us just have to get thru this and in time look back at his whole life for the lessons we can learn from it. Why he had left is just unanswerable.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2010, 10:31:47 pm »
I feel calm today.  I think Rich has his hands on my shoulders or somethin’.   :)

People cut me off on the freeway and I let it go.   I am listening more to folks and not judging them.  I am showing more mercy and forgiveness to folks.  My partner and I are moving in together and for the first time I don’t feel Ennis-like fear about it, but now I’m rather lookin’ for ward to it.  I have more patience and understanding today.  I want to try to continue to live my life this way going forward.

‘Cause in the end, life is too short!  I have learned that this weekend.

Eric, I am so glad  you are feeling the way you are. I only posted this quote in my blog, last week, because I too, had found some peace and patience in my own life.

Dalai Lama :::When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility. We tend to be less antagonistic and more pleasant to associate with. This creates a positive atmosphere around us and it is easy for others to relate to us. Better grounded emotionally through patience, we become stronger mentally and spiritually, and tend to be healthier physically.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2010, 10:54:12 pm »

I just saw this on facebook, from Diana Ossana:

Diana Ossana: I "friended" Richard only recently, but from his posts, it was clear that he was a man with humor, sensitivity, kindness and intelligence...I send my most heartfelt sympathies to his dear friends and family.

Wow. Just--wow.

But still:    :'(
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05:53 pm »
There is no answer to why. You and the rest of us just have to get thru this and in time look back at his whole life for the lessons we can learn from it. Why he had left is just unanswerable.

"If you can't fix it, you've got to stand it."  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2010, 11:07:21 pm »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:26 pm »
I think one day his life and journey would make a wonderful book/movie with the right person authoring. Maybe a certain tru wordsmith we all know and love.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #428 on: August 03, 2010, 12:00:30 am »
I think one day his life and journey would make a wonderful book/movie with the right person authoring. Maybe a certain tru wordsmith we all know and love.

Wow, Shasta!  I think you can say that twice and mean it!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #429 on: August 03, 2010, 12:04:09 am »
Fritz, that story is an excellent find.  I think it would be wonderful if one of the people closest to Gene sent it to him.  I'm going to look up the hymn.  I wonder if it would be good ar the funeral.

Paul, good find on the Diana Ossana quote.  One of us should tell her the story of Rich's last three years.