Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263336 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #460 on: August 03, 2010, 12:57:00 pm »
Hello BetterMostains.

I have the street address for where the memorial will be for Rich.

It's Saturday at 3:00 PM.  It will be held in a vacant Assisted Living Facility. 

50 Tanglewood Drive
Dawsonville, Ga.  30534.

The way it was explained to me, this is a "new" road, and is untested as to whether or not it will show up with GSP, GPS, whatever the correct initials are.

The address is found using MapQuest, so you have that alternative.

Believe it or not I found it very quickly on my Droid. However, it is of course tied in with Google Maps so that is probably not so strange.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #461 on: August 03, 2010, 01:00:57 pm »
I spoke with Rich's mother, she said she hopes as many of us can come as possible, and she said for those of us attending to "put on our thinking caps" and remember the funniest story you have involving Rich, to share. It is meant to be a celebration of him and his life and not something gloomy and depressing.

If any of you who cannot attend would like for me to read something from you, I will be happy to do that, please send it to me in a pm by Saturday morning.

This sounds like a really great idea. I can imagine that this is exactly the way Rich would have wanted it..........a celebration of him and his life, not something gloomy and depressing. Rich was a fun loving person and I do not think he would want an event where everyone was just sad and feeling bad.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #462 on: August 03, 2010, 01:03:06 pm »
I learned of Rich's passing late Saturday, the day of my father's funeral.  (My father was 91. For years now, I had been dreading "the call", and it finally came early Wednesday morning.  But even when death is expected, it is still hard.)  I wish that Rich had been able to reach age 91, too, and my heart aches for Gene and the boys, for his beloved Elizabeth, and for his many, many friends.  I like the idea of a scholarship fund for Elizabeth, and I will honor Rich's memory by contributing to that.

May Rich's memory be a blessing forever.

Fran, my thoughts go out to you. (((Fran)))
I know perfectly well what you mean with dreading "the call". It was the same for me with my father, even though he was only 64.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #463 on: August 03, 2010, 01:07:59 pm »
I learned of Rich's passing late Saturday, the day of my father's funeral.  (My father was 91. For years now, I had been dreading "the call", and it finally came early Wednesday morning.  But even when death is expected, it is still hard.)  I wish that Rich had been able to reach age 91, too, and my heart aches for Gene and the boys, for his beloved Elizabeth, and for his many, many friends.  I like the idea of a scholarship fund for Elizabeth, and I will honor Rich's memory by contributing to that.

May Rich's memory be a blessing forever.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father Fran. Unfortunately, I know these things will be happening to me soon too. My mother has been going downhill fast and my father is getting way up there in years too. She is 82 and he is 85 (soon to be 86). I was feeling really bad about my mother on Saturday. I guess you could say I was feeling sorry for myself. Then I got on Facebook and found out about Rich who I had just communicated with on Friday. He and Gene were all set for a big and fun weekend. It never entered my mind that something like this would happen. I still don't really believe it.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #464 on: August 03, 2010, 01:10:13 pm »
Hello BetterMostains.

I have the street address for where the memorial will be for Rich.

It's Saturday at 3:00 PM.  It will be held in a vacant Assisted Living Facility.  

50 Tanglewood Drive
Dawsonville, Ga.  30534.

The way it was explained to me, this is a "new" road, and is untested as to whether or not it will show up with GSP, GPS, whatever the correct initials are.

The address is found using MapQuest, so you have that alternative.

Thank you very much, Chuck.  It looks like a new building that MapQuest shows, and GoogleMaps does not.  On GoogleMaps, you can see the cleared spot for it, but the building's not there yet.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »
Fran, my condolences.  I bet your father was a smart guy.

Teresa, I'm glad you're here.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »
He and Gene were all set for a big and fun weekend. It never entered my mind that something like this would happen. I still don't really believe it.

I know the feeling.
Every time I see our banner it hits me again. I don't want it to be true.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2010, 02:25:24 pm »
I've mostly been feeling very subdued since hearing the news.  I just want the world to let me rest and reflect.  I can't imagine how hard it's being for those of you very close to Rich.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #468 on: August 03, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »
I just saw this on facebook, from Diana Ossana:

Diana Ossana: I "friended" Richard only recently, but from his posts, it was clear that he was a man with humor, sensitivity, kindness and intelligence...I send my most heartfelt sympathies to his dear friends and family.

This is so lovely and kind. Thanks for telling us, Paul.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #469 on: August 03, 2010, 02:47:28 pm »
One of Rich's early posts.

Very moving indeed.

Thanks Fritz for finding it.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre