Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263359 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #620 on: August 08, 2010, 04:09:04 am »
I remembered this passage from a book I read long ago and it made me think of Rich and the extraordinary outpouring of love and affection for him in evidence here.

"There are always on earth four thousand persons who are, so to speak, saints without knowing it. These are they who are born with a natural goodness, which lifts them without effort to a point that most labor to reach in vain - loyal, gentle, unselfish souls, endowed with a natural intuition of good and a natural inclination to pursue it, the stay and comfort of those who enjoy the blessing of their society, and, when they have passed away, perhaps canonized in the hearts of one or two who loved them. Spontaneous goodness of this sort is not to be submitted to rules or forms; the inward inclination, not the outward ordinances, is the source of their goodness. 'Against such there is no law.'"

- Idries Shah, The Sufis
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline optom3

« Reply #621 on: August 08, 2010, 10:26:33 am »
Beautiful, Eric. Thank you.

Just so beautiful, I agree.

Offline optom3

« Reply #622 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:00 am »
Thank you for posting those pictures Truman. They really hit home though. Part of me didn't believe Rich was really gone. And those pictures finally dispelled any doubts I had. Denial is a river in Egypt I guess, and well....

:'( :'(

My mind has been on Richard all day today. All week really. And on poor Gene and Elizabeth. I remember when Mom died. I kept very busy before the funeral - making plans at the funeral home for the visitation, at the church for her funeral mass, picking out her coffin, the obituary, and people were constantly stopping by the house to pay their condolences. But after the funeral, that was when it got very difficult for me. And for Dad. That was when the finality of it all really registered. When the people stopped coming, when the phone calls stopped....

I fear this is what Gene and Elizabeth are about to face, now that the memorial service is over. It is right after when things seem the most difficult. At least that is how it was for me.

David you are so right. When the sister of my kids nanny died at only 33.She said I was the only friend  who carried on calling her. Eveyryone else thought that was it once the service was done.

I know Brokies though and the love and caring will continue well into those terrible weeks after.
 It finally really hit home like a soccer punch to the guts when I saw the urn.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #623 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:50 am »
Thank you so much Truman for letting us be a part of memorial

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #624 on: August 08, 2010, 11:53:16 am »
Chrissi, I am sitting here in the floor drinking coffee with Jack Paul and Wayne with Lynne in the shower. It is going to be a beautiful day here, hot, but beautiful. I will be thinking of you too, and you are right, we all wish we could make a difference.

We can't, so we are gong to stand it. And we will stand it together.

Just catching up on the thread now, will have to read the next pages later as am running out the door but really just wanted to say to Tru, and everyone else, (and I am playing on words from Tru's and Chrissi's posts as they jumped out at me) that yes, we can't make it different but we can make a difference...we actually do all make a difference, every single one of us makes a difference, for being here in this thread, for being part of Rich's life over the last three four years, for those being in Georgia over the weekend, for those far away who have kept Rich and his family and friends in their thoughts and prayers...and Rich also made a difference, he made a difference to all those he knew...for all these things and for many more I am not listing, for all this we can and do make a difference...

You have all been in my thoughts this weekend...
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #625 on: August 08, 2010, 12:02:05 pm »
Thank you Tru, Paul, Lynne, Wayne....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #626 on: August 08, 2010, 12:04:04 pm »
A video I made for Rich:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZtRVbWjzY[/youtube]

Lovely.  :'( :-\
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #627 on: August 08, 2010, 01:38:09 pm »
Good work was done today by everyone the world over, because we were standing in witness to love. Ellemeno in Tennessee was at a wedding, the people all over were with us. Eric posted a beautiful video, Messages the world over were read. In one small town in Georgia the people witnesses love.

This was more than saying good bye to Rich, because of the way the world has been it was also an opportunity to educate and to learn. There were people in a small southern town witnessed the love of two men for each other, witness the love of their children for them, witnessed the love of their friends and coworkers and neighbors, and not one disparaging word was said, no one appeared to be any more uncomfortable than the sad occasion. I would say there was at least 200 people there. The hard work of Gene and his family and friends paid off handsomely. He would be so proud of them.

This world is a better place because Richard Wilson lived in it. His life is a testament to truth, and love, and right. It will continue to be a better place because we are going to continue to make it so.

Beautiful words, beautiful pictures. Thank you, Truman.

And thanks to all of you who were in Georgia, you have all been in my thoughts this weekend.

Safe travels home.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #628 on: August 08, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »
I remembered this passage from a book I read long ago and it made me think of Rich and the extraordinary outpouring of love and affection for him in evidence here.

"There are always on earth four thousand persons who are, so to speak, saints without knowing it. These are they who are born with a natural goodness, which lifts them without effort to a point that most labor to reach in vain - loyal, gentle, unselfish souls, endowed with a natural intuition of good and a natural inclination to pursue it, the stay and comfort of those who enjoy the blessing of their society, and, when they have passed away, perhaps canonized in the hearts of one or two who loved them. Spontaneous goodness of this sort is not to be submitted to rules or forms; the inward inclination, not the outward ordinances, is the source of their goodness. 'Against such there is no law.'"

- Idries Shah, The Sufis

Oh yes, that was him. Still human and not without faults, but yes, that was Rich.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #629 on: August 08, 2010, 02:00:03 pm »
Hiya Brokies.

I'm using Paul's laptop to post, as I don't have my own.   I hate them!

:laugh: :laugh:

Many thanks to Wayne and Cliff for being gracious hosts and giving us a place to stay, and rides when needed.  You made this trip much easier.

Thank you Judy, Wayne, Jack, Paul, Lynne, & Truman.  You all were my rock when I needed it, giving me comfort and strength when required.

Thank you Matthew for giving me the honor of reading your words at the memorial.  They touched many  people, and as Rich put in his first post on your blog,  "sometimes it helps to help others."  I'm so glad I could help you with this.

Gene & the boys......Aunt Chuck loves you!

Bizzy and Marcia.  I wish we had met under other circumstances.  I can see how wonderful you are.

Big Brother Rich.  Thank you for all the love and support you gave me when you were with me in our brief friendship.  You taught me much, and I hope you learned from me as well.

Godspeed, and keep an eye out for me from up there!  You know the kind of trouble I can find.   ;) ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!