Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263314 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #670 on: August 09, 2010, 01:01:16 pm »
Welcome, Marcia. That is a beautiful and powerful thing.

An arms wide open from me too .

Offline dejavu

« Reply #671 on: August 09, 2010, 01:18:31 pm »
She's 12.  :-\

Oh...I have been wondering so much, but I couldn't get on a computer until now since I'm out of town.

12 is so very young, I had thought a little older.  I will be keeping Elizabeth in my thoughts, along with Gene.

And thanks, Truman and Chuck, for the new information you've been adding, answering our quesions about how the accident happened.

Still have to catch up with the rest of this thread, so there's a lot I don't know yet.  The memorial service was the same day as my uncle's birthday party in Colorado, it turns out, so I couldn't have been at the memorial anyway, but I hope to read about it here.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #672 on: August 09, 2010, 01:33:37 pm »
hi everyone,
i have been on here and reading this thread for the past few days and wanting to contribute, but there really isn't much that i can add to all  the heartfelt messages everyone has already posted. they were very moving and touching.
i had met rich twice, in sf and again in nyc. i didn't know him very well but i know alot of people who really loved him so i know he was a wonderful man. he had everything going for him, a beautiful daughter that he adored, a life partner who was the love of his life  and a new business. there is just no sense to this.  so many people are going to miss him. this should not have happened. like mandi said, it just makes you want to hit a wall.
and fiona, i know we don't know each other, but what you wrote about the threads was absolutely beautiful and made me cry.
and eric, i am so happy for you and  mike, congratulations!!!! you deserve it.
and ted, enjoy your new life with jari. you deserve the best.
to everyone here , i give you my deepest sympathies and condolences. he is going to be so missed.
love,
teresa   

(((((Teresa)))))

I'm so glad to see you here.  You say exactly what I have been feeling.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #673 on: August 09, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »
hi friends,

This is the first time I've logged in in a while and then to read this... I'm at a loss for words. I never met Rich in person but I had read messages in his blog and felt joy at the happiness he had eventually found. His love for his daughter, the sweet life.

I had to go tell my husband about this, we've been dealing with our own grief at the passing of a close family member and good friend of ours. I read a quote on this thread 'grief is the price we pay for love', and that really sums it up, doesn't it. 

I'd like to offer my condolences to Rich's family and his many many friends and that you find comfort in all the good memories that you share and shared with us here.

Such sadness....it ain't right... :'(

Hugs to you all.
Fabienne
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline dejavu

« Reply #674 on: August 09, 2010, 02:05:53 pm »
As an update, we Brokies are at the hall where the service will start shortly.

Rest assured, Fiona, that there have been and will continue to be plenty of laughter to go along with the tears.

I was telling Ronny this morning that this time has been "cry a little, laugh a little, talk a little, laugh a little more."

I hear it in my head to the tune of The Music Man's Pick-a-Little ladies. :)

Thanks for posting this, Lynne.  I  hope everyone who was able to attend has found some comfort there by being with others who care.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #675 on: August 09, 2010, 02:13:41 pm »
hi friends,

This is the first time I've logged in in a while and then to read this... I'm at a loss for words. I never met Rich in person but I had read messages in his blog and felt joy at the happiness he had eventually found. His love for his daughter, the sweet life.

I had to go tell my husband about this, we've been dealing with our own grief at the passing of a close family member and good friend of ours. I read a quote on this thread 'grief is the price we pay for love', and that really sums it up, doesn't it. 

I'd like to offer my condolences to Rich's family and his many many friends and that you find comfort in all the good memories that you share and shared with us here.

Hugs to you all.
Fabienne

Fabienne, it's good to see you here :-*.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #676 on: August 09, 2010, 02:17:18 pm »
hi friends,

Hugs to you all.
Fabienne

Fabienne, it's good to see you here :-*.

Just what I was about to say that...

(((Fabienne)))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #677 on: August 09, 2010, 02:17:58 pm »
So sorry for your grief, Fabienne.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #678 on: August 09, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »
Hiya Brokies.

I'm using Paul's laptop to post, as I don't have my own.   I hate them!

:laugh: :laugh:

Many thanks to Wayne and Cliff for being gracious hosts and giving us a place to stay, and rides when needed.  You made this trip much easier.

Thank you Judy, Wayne, Jack, Paul, Lynne, & Truman.  You all were my rock when I needed it, giving me comfort and strength when required.

Thank you Matthew for giving me the honor of reading your words at the memorial.  They touched many  people, and as Rich put in his first post on your blog,  "sometimes it helps to help others."  I'm so glad I could help you with this.

Gene & the boys......Aunt Chuck loves you!

Bizzy and Marcia.  I wish we had met under other circumstances.  I can see how wonderful you are.

Big Brother Rich.  Thank you for all the love and support you gave me when you were with me in our brief friendship.  You taught me much, and I hope you learned from me as well.

Godspeed, and keep an eye out for me from up there!  You know the kind of trouble I can find.   ;) ;D

So glad that you checked in, Chuck.  You are sounding like the weekend gave you comfort, indeed.  I woke up in the middle of the night one night out here, worrying about you.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #679 on: August 09, 2010, 07:42:30 pm »
Dear Marcia,

Leaving Atlanta I was so worn out that I decided to take "Aent Chuck's" advice and take a couple of days off from keeping up with this thread, keeping up with facebook and honestly I did enjoy being back at work today dealing with problems that I know how to deal with.

I am glad however I gave into temptation and came and saw you here. It meant so much to meet you and Bizzy and Gene, such a surreal moment, but seeing your words here now fills my heart with a great joy, because it is healing. It is all of us stepping out of the shadows and just being who we are. It bring the journey full circle in a way. Welcome, and thank you again.

Truman

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."