Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264299 times)

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:22 pm »
I have spoke with a non brokie mutual friend and have learned the following:

There will be a cremation, but details of the service will be worked out tomorrow. The request has been made for donations to be made for Elizabeth's education in leiu of flowers.

Gene has gone to tell Elizabeth.

Tru, please let us know the particulars for the donation process when you know them.

Offline jstephens9

Re: All Brokies read! Emergency!!!!!!
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »
Tell you what, something that I believe--another lesson I learned from my mother's death--is that people we love don't really leave us when they are taken from this life, because they live on in our hearts--because we love them--as long as we live on. Rich will always be with us in our hearts because we love him.

Jeff, I had never really thought about it like this. Thank you for posting this. I copied it so that I could remember it always.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2010, 09:38:35 pm »
I've also been thinking about Rich's courage to make really big changes.  He took big risks and found a beautiful life.  When he took the first steps to come out, he didn't know he would find Gene.  He was afraid he would lose his daughter, whom he always makes very clear is the light of his life.  He was afraid he would lose his family's respect, but he didn't.  He had a lot to risk, and he risked it.  And he found a beautiful life.

I've often thought of Rich with admiration.

Update:  The news was posted as I wrote this.  Love to you, Rich. 

These are the same qualities that I have always admired about Rich. He truly made all of these steps and he did find that beautiful life. He accomplished more in these few short years than many of us will ever accomplish.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2010, 10:07:50 pm »
Jeff, I had never really thought about it like this. Thank you for posting this. I copied it so that I could remember it always.

Thanks, Jack.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2010, 10:09:55 pm »

Oh my God!  That poor baby!  :'(

Just on the cusp of young womanhood, and to lose her daddy like this, so unexpectedly. Just breaks your heart to think about it.  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »

This is really awful. As I just PM'd someone earlier, I was better walking around in Williamsburg; at home, on the computer (like now) I've been crying constantly. I think I better go to bed.

I know we will all be happy again, and soon. Thank you everybody.

Thank you, Rich.

xxx
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2010, 10:14:29 pm »
This is really awful. As I just PM'd someone earlier, I was better walking around in Williamsburg; at home, on the computer (like now) I've been crying constantly. I think I better go to bed.

And I need a drink. My apologies if it upsets anyone to read that, but it's the truth.

If I didn't have to read in church in the morning, I'd probably get stinko.  :-\

I still can't believe this. ...  :(

Offline dejavu

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2010, 10:15:14 pm »

(((John)))

You said it.  Sometimes the computer is just too sad, even though it's great to keep in touch.

Get a good rest and maybe tomorrow will look brighter, somehow.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2010, 10:38:36 pm »
I believe there is a God, sweets, and I have every confidence that Rich is safe and happy in the arms of the Lord.  His journey has just begun and in time he will be reunited with those he loves. 

Amen, LW. Rich had a great relationship with the Lord, and I am in agreement. We didn't meet on earth, but I will look forward to meeting him in Heaven for sure. 
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline dejavu

« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2010, 11:03:06 pm »
I have spoke with a non brokie mutual friend and have learned the following:

There will be a cremation, but details of the service will be worked out tomorrow. The request has been made for donations to be made for Elizabeth's education in leiu of flowers.

Thanks, Truman.

And hugs, (((Truman and Lynne)))

I'm leaving town tomorrow but if you put the information up in this thread, I do want to send a donation for Elizabeth's education when I get back.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?