Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264248 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2010, 11:18:00 pm »

The request has been made for donations to be made for Elizabeth's education in leiu of flowers.

Ok--that's good. Thanks, Truman.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2010, 11:21:55 pm »

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »
I don't post much in here... but I feel close to this beautiful community of people who've come together because of a shared love for Brokeback Mountain. I read a lot of what y'all write... and your wonderful conversations and banter. I spent much of a work day about six months ago reading through Rich's long thread that spanned that difficult and wonderful period of his life... it seemed like a fairy tale come true that he would find the love of his life in the end. I am so saddened to come in here tonight and find out that he is gone. May God bless his partner, children, family and friends. " 'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".   ~ Tom

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2010, 11:37:46 pm »

This tribute is so beautiful and moving.  Thanks for posting, you have made me feel so much better!  :-*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2010, 12:13:00 am »
And I need a drink. My apologies if it upsets anyone to read that, but it's the truth.

If I didn't have to read in church in the morning, I'd probably get stinko.  :-\

I still can't believe this. ...  :(

I am having some drinks too

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2010, 12:15:18 am »
Just on the cusp of young womanhood, and to lose her daddy like this, so unexpectedly. Just breaks your heart to think about it.  :'(

I was telling Truman on the phone today that Rich always talked about Elizabeth growing up and losing his baby.........it was so obvious how much he loved her........he always posted her pictures.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2010, 12:17:34 am »
No blame one bit, Jeff. Not tonight, but in a day or two I foresee a Ketel One martini in my future. One's enough.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:42 am »
I don't post much in here... but I feel close to this beautiful community of people who've come together because of a shared love for Brokeback Mountain. I read a lot of what y'all write... and your wonderful conversations and banter. I spent much of a work day about six months ago reading through Rich's long thread that spanned that difficult and wonderful period of his life... it seemed like a fairy tale come true that he would find the love of his life in the end. I am so saddened to come in here tonight and find out that he is gone. May God bless his partner, children, family and friends. " 'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".   ~ Tom

That is exactly how I felt.........it did seem like a fairy tale come true that Rich did indeed find the love of his life after everything he went through to get there. I was telling a non Brokie friend that exact same thing right before I came on here and was telling Truman that on the phone earlier today. One thing I am very sure about is Rich found that happiness he was looking for so hard.........he did it.....and I have admired that since he first told everyone about Gene......and now I can't help but feeling how lost Gene must feel.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2010, 12:30:06 am »
This is a song that came on when I put in one of my compilation CDs that I had no idea of what was on it. I would like to dedicate this to Rich and Gene. The words remind me so much of what it must have been like for Rich when he first met Gene.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2010, 12:33:32 am »
That is exactly how I felt.........it did seem like a fairy tale come true that Rich did indeed find the love of his life after everything he went through to get there. I was telling a non Brokie friend that exact same thing right before I came on here and was telling Truman that on the phone earlier today. One thing I am very sure about is Rich found that happiness he was looking for so hard.........he did it.....and I have admired that since he first told everyone about Gene......and now I can't help but feeling how lost Gene must feel.

Hey, Jack. Long time. {{{{{{{JACK}}}}}}}

Yeah. Rich was our dream come true--he showed us all that hope can become reality. That nice guys do finish first. He was the happy coda to a story of Ennis. And so much more to so many here and at his home. A wonderful life cut short. We are going to miss him so much.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~