Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264231 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2010, 01:41:38 pm »
Thank you Truman. Like Kelda, I also assumed he had been thrown from a horse. Somehow this does make it all seem more tragic if it truly can get more tragic.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2010, 01:44:05 pm »
Thank you Truman for the update. I think we should all try to celebrate his life, and be grateful that we had the honor to get to know him. We were lucky to have him around these past years. I never met him personally but I did have a many funny and nice exchanges with him here and in Facebook. He would cheer me up when I needed it the most. He will be missed.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2010, 01:44:11 pm »
Thank you Truman.

I also thought he fell off a horse.  This seems so......unnecessary.....  :'(

I am glad his daughter was able to say goodbye the way she did, it's important.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Wayne

« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2010, 01:50:56 pm »
I believe when so many people gather as we do here, there is a whole ball of invisible strings. It is just another way of saying love and deep connections. We have been lucky enough to find this haven. So many of us have bonded in some way, and I also believe that the invisible string bond with Richard will always be there too.
:) :-* :-\ :'(
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2010, 01:51:46 pm »
Thanks Truman.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2010, 01:53:36 pm »
That is exactly how I felt. I have never logged on so late and last night one glass of wine turned into several . I so wanted for it all to have been some terrible nightmare.  All I keep thinking is, his daughter is the same age as Emma and she loved her dad so much. I cannot conceive the pain she must be in. I kept going round the family last night and hugging them.
My kids laugh at me because every time we part, or got to bed , I have to tell then how much I love them. It started when I was first a mum and I told them that their tummy buttons were  the physical proof of my  ,for ever love, formed the very second they were conceived. It was once visible  but although you could no longer see it, the bond would be there for ever.  ,so I would always be with them.We called it the invidible string. As they grew older, the invisible string is still there. I also told them as dad had made them  he was also part of the string. His very cells were in it.

I believe when so many people gather as we do here, there is a whole ball of invisible strings. It is just another way of saying love and deep connections. We have been lucky enough to find this haven. So many of us have bonded in some way, and I also believe that the invisible string bond with Richard will always be there too.
Sorry for rambling on.

That is what I want someone to tell his daughter. The cord which kept her safe and nourished is part mum and part dad. She only needs to look at her tummy button and see the physical proof. It will be there for ever and so will the love.
When one of my kids asks if I still love them, the response is always the same, do you still have a tummy button.

My love to all of you and my special love and thoughts to those who were so close to him.
I think who ever had the idea of at some stage in the future printing off all the wonderful words here, is a really good one.

Fiona, like Wayne, I liked your invisible strings anology.

As well as the belly button thing.

Not rambling, Fiona, heartfelt I feel. Thankyou.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2010, 02:00:41 pm »
That is exactly how I felt. I have never logged on so late and last night one glass of wine turned into several . I so wanted for it all to have been some terrible nightmare.  All I keep thinking is, his daughter is the same age as Emma and she loved her dad so much. I cannot conceive the pain she must be in. I kept going round the family last night and hugging them.
My kids laugh at me because every time we part, or got to bed , I have to tell then how much I love them. It started when I was first a mum and I told them that their tummy buttons were  the physical proof of my  ,for ever love, formed the very second they were conceived. It was once visible  but although you could no longer see it, the bond would be there for ever.  ,so I would always be with them.We called it the invidible string. As they grew older, the invisible string is still there. I also told them as dad had made them  he was also part of the string. His very cells were in it.

Sorry for rambling on.

That is what I want someone to tell his daughter. The cord which kept her safe and nourished is part mum and part dad. She only needs to look at her tummy button and see the physical proof. It will be there for ever and so will the love.
When one of my kids asks if I still love them, the response is always the same, do you still have a tummy button.

My love to all of you and my special love and thoughts to those who were so close to him.
I think who ever had the idea of at some stage in the future printing off all the wonderful words here, is a really good one.

I really like what you say here. I also must say that I had several drinks of Jack Daniels last night from the blue cup like the one in the movie that we got at the 2007 BBQ. I felt it was fitting for some reason. You are correct in that we are lucky that we found this haven and have all bonded in the way we have. I do not think that bond will ever end. I too think that the idea of printing everything off here at some point to give Gene, Elizabeth, and Richard's family.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2010, 02:09:04 pm »
Thank you, Truman, for that update.  I can't imagine how you were able to manage that phone call.  I'm sorry that it had to be you.  But at the same time I can't really imagine it being anybody else.

I am also glad that Elizabeth got to say goodbye to her dad, though it breaks my heart to see it in print - somehow things here seemed out of order yesterday with the posts, and I had the impression that Gene was going to tell her after Rich's physical death, and that didn't seem right.

Fiona - the tummy button is a lovely analogy - and I'm sure if we get a chance to talk with her this weekend one of us will pass it on (or to Gene so he can) if it feels right.

And Fritz - thank you very much for posting the St. Francis of Assisi poem - the whole piece is beautiful, isn't it?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2010, 02:19:20 pm »
If there must be a last moment before the bad happened, I like that Rich was riding along waving and calling out to people.  That sounds like him.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2010, 02:39:04 pm »
Jeff, while you are here, and especially after all that has happened today........do know that you are always a true and close friend of mine. I think you know that, but we went from some strange circumstances on the first Wyoming trip to being great friends and then roommates on the last Wyoming trip. I care a lot about you and I really enjoyed being around you on the last Wyoming trip. Like Rich, you are a special person.

Aw, Jack, thank you. That sure is more than I deserve! Sorry for this delay, but I turned in right after my last post in the wee hours of today and didn't see yours until, well, now. You were always a delight to have as a traveling companion and roommate (we sure had some adventures, didn't we?) and whenever a see or hear a reference to North Carolina I think of you. You are a sweet and caring guy and a good man to have as a friend.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.