Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263357 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2010, 05:45:47 pm »
Hi there! Haven't been on BM for forever.. but received an e-mail about Rich. It's so very sad. And the way it happened..!  :'(

I hope the rest of you all are ok!

HUGS & LOVE, C.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2010, 05:49:37 pm »
I know that Rich would not want me kicking myself about this - but he sent me a Christmas card, I think maybe for the past two years, and I never answered.  I'm not very Christmas card-functional.  Actually, several of you have, and I'm very sorry I didn't thank you.

Don't be hard on yourself, Elle.  That's just how real life goes sometimes.  One year, I got them started and only got to the D's and gave up..or maybe F's.  People understand.  And if they're the right kind of people, they are happy to give and not expect receiving in return, necessarily.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »
I've been on the computer all weekend, working on a project, but away from websites, FB, etc. so just now did I log on and see this terrible, terrible news.

Oh my God, I'm in shock!

I never met Rich in person, but I remember when he first came to Bettermost. He had seen the movie and was struggling so (like we all did/do)--and dealing with his own self-discoveries, making a decision about divorce, so terribly worried about his little girl...

I've seen so many pictures of him and heard over and over again what a terrific guy he was. I wish I could have met him in person, just like there are so many Brokies here I would love to meet--and haven't yet. And now Rich is gone.

I remember how upset he was when his father died. I know they are together now, happy and at peace.

My heart is breaking for all of us. Prayers, thoughts, and healing energy to all his loved ones, friends, and family -- especially all his Brokie friends and all of us.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2010, 06:47:37 pm »
She told further, that last night Rich came to Gene in a dream. He told him that he was turning to sit down next to him, lost his balance and fell, his face striking the trailer hitch, at which point all went dark.

I've been thinking about whether or not to post this........

I remember years ago my grandfather came to me in a dream after he had passed.  It was very vivid and distinct.  I can still remember this dream to this day.

I believe that these visitations happen, and last night before I drifted off to sleep, the last thought I have that I could remember was "Gene is gonna see Rich tonight."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #324 on: August 01, 2010, 06:49:58 pm »
I just saw this by chance. It's almost too numbing to type; I'll make no pitiful attempt to find words where there are none to express the loss everyone feels. We were friends; one very rare and unique safe haven for me to talk to. And I know others as well. Two weeks ago such eagerness and joy in is voice; now gone. He had love in his heart and faith in God. A complete person who is exemplory of what is good about people. I thought this kind of pain wouldn't return so soon, and oh how unbearable the pain for Gene and the family. Why do miracles not happen as we need them too?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2010, 07:18:45 pm »
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and for reaching out to BetterMost. If you have been gone for awhile, stay a spell, have a cup of coffee, a piece a cherry cake (or not). It's comforting to see old friends and know that you are doing okay.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2010, 07:19:33 pm »
Hiya Brokies.

I just got off the phone with Gene.  He's doing as well as could be expected.

He wanted me to pass along to you all that he appreciates the love and support that you all have offered him here as well as on the Whiskey Springs FB page.

He's trying to keep in touch with everyone, but he's really overwhelmed.

Rich has been cremated and is ashes are split between Rich's mom, Bizzy, and Gene.

There will be a memorial service on Saturday August 7th at 3:00.

At one point in perhaps the spring or summer, Gene plans to take Rich's ashes to Brokenback and spread them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2010, 07:19:55 pm »
His Mamma said he had not come told her anything, yet. I told her he will, in time. He will come see us all, I an't sure how all that works but it seems too.

I was just thinking of something, do you remember when we used to call him Lee, and then it was like Lee on bettermost and Rich off bettermost....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2010, 07:22:31 pm »

At one point in perhaps the spring or summer, Gene plans to take Rich's ashes to Brokenback and spread them.

Oh god, it hit me, it has hit me now.

Well, he won't have to go alone.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »
I was just thinking of something, do you remember when we used to call him Lee, and then it was like Lee on bettermost and Rich off bettermost....

I remember that Tru!  We all called him "Lee" here, and then he just decided it would be Rich.