Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263372 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2010, 09:00:10 pm »
I remember that Tru!  We all called him "Lee" here, and then he just decided it would be Rich.

I remember that too. At first I thought his name was Lee because of his screen name. Before long I learned his name was Rich, although I often called him Richard. He didn't seem to care. In fact he signed on of his Christmas cards as Richard. In the other card he used the name Rich. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2010, 09:01:40 pm »
Oh god, it hit me, it has hit me now.

Me, too.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »
My parents arrived home a short while ago.

They have had the opportunity to meet a few of the brokies, in Feb. of last year they met Matthew and Rich when they visited here.  They had a full Italian meal with my family and my parents loved the both of them.

Rich would mail my mom, sending her his jelly, and sent her a bottle of cobalt blue glass, which my mom likes.  In turn, my mom would make packages up for me to take to Rich & Gene on my visits.

We just all had a hard cry on the couch in the livingroom.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2010, 09:16:42 pm »
I've been thinking about whether or not to post this........

I remember years ago my grandfather came to me in a dream after he had passed.  It was very vivid and distinct.  I can still remember this dream to this day.

I believe that these visitations happen, and last night before I drifted off to sleep, the last thought I have that I could remember was "Gene is gonna see Rich tonight."

Heath came to visit me (I posted about it here at Bettermost) as well as another friend (before Heath) and my father (after he died last summer). It's not a dream...it's real. I am sure Rich will be visiting many Brokies here. Open your minds and hearts to the experience. It's quite wonderful when it happens, even if it is a little puzzling at first.

Kerry knows what I am talking about.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2010, 09:18:19 pm »
{{{{{Chuck}}}}}

This is just all so senseless and unbelievable and random.  I am so sorry.

I was thinking that this song, though from a female point of view, speaks to me and maybe it will others.

From our other standard, Latter Days - Hymn for Those Left Behind:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJabTJAqAY[/youtube]
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2010, 09:21:27 pm »
Rich loved that movie...Latter Days. Thanks for that clip, Lynne.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ohiomyown

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2010, 09:21:45 pm »
His Mamma said he had not come told her anything, yet. I told her he will, in time. He will come see us all, I an't sure how all that works but it seems too.

I was just thinking of something, do you remember when we used to call him Lee, and then it was like Lee on bettermost and Rich off bettermost....

I certainly remember that,  and since I am not on here very much,  part of me still wants to call him Lee.  But as you say,  he is Rich in person.

Good memories from that time long ago when we were all just meeting him.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2010, 09:30:50 pm »
Heath came to visit me (I posted about it here at Bettermost) as well as another friend (before Heath) and my father (after he died last summer). It's not a dream...it's real. I am sure Rich will be visiting many Brokies here. Open your minds and hearts to the experience. It's quite wonderful when it happens, even if it is a little puzzling at first.

Kerry knows what I am talking about.

L

I've never been blessed with an experience like that.  :(  But I'm sure it is a blessing to those of you who have had the experience.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2010, 09:35:31 pm »
All week I've been planning that this weekend I would sew a baby quilt for my sister's immanent new daughter.  I asked Mr. Meno to plan long days out for himself and Mini-Meno on both Saturday and Sunday, and I would sew, sew, sew.  

Then the news about Rich happened, and I wasn't sure I could focus on the quilt, but I did.  So all I've done this weekend is be here with you all, and sew.  Rich and you were very present for me while I worked most of the hours I was awake.  I started and finished the quilt top:

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »
I know that Rich would not want me kicking myself about this - but he sent me a Christmas card, I think maybe for the past two years, and I never answered.  I'm not very Christmas card-functional.  Actually, several of you have, and I'm very sorry I didn't thank you. 

I seriously doubt that Rich expected any thank yous or cards for the card he sent you. I usually send out quite a few of them, but this past year so many things came up that I didn't get any sent out. I never send any out expecting any thanks or cards in return. This past year I received more Christmas cards then I have ever received. And yes I also got one from Rich. I got one from him every year I have known him. He always sent very special cards.