Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264276 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2010, 07:00:40 am »
I am deeply saddened. I have been crying since I have found about it earlier.
I haven't followed BM in a while, in the past I used to follow it on and off,  I don't follow any blog in particular but, can't remember what now, a particular post drew me to Rich's blog. I  liked what he said, how he talked, how beautiful his pics were, and above all he seemed sooo happy with his sweet life. I didn't know him as well as you guys, not by far, but from what I knew of him  he was the kind of person it was impossible not to like, and  what you have written here is a demonstration of that.  
I am thinking of Elisabeth, Gene, his closest family and everyone who loved him.
I used to love his  old signature: "I redlined it all the way".
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
BbM, I swear

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2010, 07:05:19 am »
I haven't followed BM in a while, in the past I used to follow it on and off,  I don't follow any blog in particular but, can't remember what now, a particular post drew me to Rich's blog. I  liked what he said, how he talked, how beautiful his pics were, and above all he seemed sooo happy with his sweet life. I didn't know him as well as you guys, not by far, but from what I knew of him  he was the kind of person it was impossible not to like, and  what you have written here is a demonstration of that.  
I am thinking of Elisabeth, Gene, his closest family and everyone who loved him.

((Sel))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2010, 09:16:45 am »
After hearing so much about Rich, I was finally able to met him in New York last year. Every glowing and gushing praise of him was true.

Tell you what, all the changes that Rich made in his life, he was a braver person than I'll ever be.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27:32 am »
He was indeed brave in so many ways and  as with so many Brokies helped give me the will to carry on and pick up the pieces yet again.
It all hit me in an overwhelming rush again today. Maybe because I had been reading old pms and listening to BBM .C.D.
My love goes to all the wonderful friends he had here, who will all be dealing with grief in whatever way they can. I know some of you were extremely close to him and it must hurt real bad. xxx

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2010, 12:20:42 pm »
I have been without computer for a few days attending my family reunion-Elle sent me texts with the sad news. It was pretty surreal trying to be present for my family when my mind was here. Neither the hotel lobby nor my brother's house seemed the right place to face this tragic turn of events. Or maybe I just kept putting it off because I didn't want to face it. So here I am now, crying on my couch in the comfort of my own home with friends around me.

After hearing so much about Rich, I was finally able to met him in New York last year. Every glowing and gushing praise of him was true.

I believe (Heath made me believe) in the infinite possibility. The people that you love in life have a way making their presence known after they leave.
My heart goes out to all of us.

{{{{{Roux}}}}}  I'm very glad you got to meet Rich - a very special man with a good heart - sincere in every way.

(((Lynne)))

I had similar thoughts yesterday. I have many autographs of my Brokies friends in my STS book. It has travelled literally thousands of miles with me, I have taken it into my hands countless times. It starts to fall apart, and I handle it with much care now, because it is such a treasure.
And yesterday I thought, now I will never get Rich's autograph in my beloved book. Just another random and sad thought in all this.
 :'(

Thanks for sharing Rich's entry in your book.

He should have many more years to have that sweet life with Gene. And by all means he should see his daughter grow up into the beautiful young woman one can already sense in some of the newer pics.

My thoughts keep going back to Gene and Elisabeth. It's just so unfair.

Thank you, Chrissi.  I hate that you never got to meet Rich, but I will tell you one thing - he would have absolutely loved you - you would have clicked immediately, I believe.

Elizabeth is on my mind and won't go away.  I don't have a lot of free funds right now (family stuff), but I hope to set up a regular deposit of a small amount weekly into that account.  We're going to see that she gets the education that her father would have wanted for her.  And I also want us to try to make her graduations - high school and college and any more schooling she decides embark upon.  I really hope it's possible to stay in touch with her, keep an eye on how she is.  People drift and I don't want to let that happen.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2010, 12:25:57 pm »
been up in WY, just heard the news. I so saddened that he has been taken away. May he rest in the arms of Jesus, and may his family be comforted in knowing how happy and contented he became over the past years.

Bill

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2010, 12:27:23 pm »

I'm very glad you made your way back here, Sel.  And it's wonderful that you knew Rich through his blog.  I had forgotten that signature, but that was him.  He said red-lined, but I'm thinking that he did things at 'full throttle' as well - put his entire self into the important things.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #377 on: August 02, 2010, 12:30:20 pm »
Tell you what, all the changes that Rich made in his life, he was a braver person than I'll ever be.

I don't know about braver because that's a hard quality to measure, Jeff, and we're always hardest on ourselves.  But Rich definitely was brave in all he endured during the trials he encountered along his difficult path.  He took control of his own destiny and built what he dreamed of.  He was a man worthy of all the esteem we have for him.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #378 on: August 02, 2010, 12:32:04 pm »
been up in WY, just heard the news. I so saddened that he has been taken away. May he rest in the arms of Jesus, and may his family be comforted in knowing how happy and contented he became over the past years.

Bill

Thank you, Bill.  I'm glad you are back and sorry that your trip had to end with this sad news awaiting you.  Thank you for your good wishes.  You did have quite a bit in common and I know that you will miss him greatly.

{{{{Bill}}}}
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #379 on: August 02, 2010, 12:40:07 pm »
I feel sad and would like to hear how you are all doing.  Since we are separated by distance, I can't just look across the room at you and sigh together.