Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 266747 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »
First time meeting Rich.....I can remember that well.

;D

I drove up to the hotel in SF, and Rich was already inside.  The parking lot was below the hotel, but I couldn't figure out where it was. 

::) :laugh:

I had Karen with me, and she went in and found Rich.  She told him I was outside in the van.  I'm getting ready to pull out and try to find parking, and I look to my right, through the windows into the hotel lounge.  Here comes Rich, bounding out the door, hops over the wrought iron gate and comes running over to the driver side of the van.  he reaches through the open window and puts me in a bear hug.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline SuperDistortion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2010, 03:58:56 pm »
Hello Brokie Friends...
    As some of you know I personally never had the pleasure of meeting Rich, but I want to offer my deepest condolences to those of you who know and love him and are having to find some means to cope with the tragic loss of your friend.   May he rest in peace, and may all of his friends and family keep his memory alive and find some solace.
SuperD
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:34:46 pm by SuperDistortion »
"Really, it's not mine..."   --- Austin Powers

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #392 on: August 02, 2010, 04:05:37 pm »

;D

I drove up to the hotel in SF, and Rich was already inside.  The parking lot was below the hotel, but I couldn't figure out where it was. 

I had Karen with me, and she went in and found Rich.  She told him I was outside in the van.  I'm getting ready to pull out and try to find parking, and I look to my right, through the windows into the hotel lounge.  Here comes Rich, bounding out the door, hops over the wrought iron gate and comes running over to the driver side of the van.  he reaches through the open window and puts me in a bear hug.

;D

That's AWEsome, Chuck.  A treasured memory.  Thank you for sharing it.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2010, 04:11:24 pm »
I hope someone can share the name and address where the service will be held on Saturday afternoon?  I'm planning on driving or flying down there.  Thanks.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:27 pm »
I feel sad and would like to hear how you are all doing.  Since we are separated by distance, I can't just look across the room at you and sigh together.

I feel calm today.  I think Rich has his hands on my shoulders or somethin’.   :)

People cut me off on the freeway and I let it go.   I am listening more to folks and not judging them.  I am showing more mercy and forgiveness to folks.  My partner and I are moving in together and for the first time I don’t feel Ennis-like fear about it, but now I’m rather lookin’ for ward to it.  I have more patience and understanding today.  I want to try to continue to live my life this way going forward.

‘Cause in the end, life is too short!  I have learned that this weekend.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #395 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:47 pm »

;D

;D

Was this at the screening in 2007?  I was there but I didn't get to meet many Brokies, but now that I think back, I do remember seeing most of you guys there.   :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #396 on: August 02, 2010, 04:17:26 pm »
I feel calm today.  I think Rich has his hands on my shoulders or somethin’.   :)

People cut me off on the freeway and I let it go.   I am listening more to folks and not judging them.  I am showing more mercy and forgiveness to folks.  My partner and I are moving in together and for the first time I don’t feel Ennis-like fear about it, but now I’m rather lookin’ for ward to it.  I have more patience and understanding today.  I want to try to continue to live my life this way going forward.

‘Cause in the end, life is too short!  I have learned that this weekend.

This is great, Eric!  I'm glad you've found happiness.  Perhaps one day I can meet your partner, perhaps at the Grand Lake!  I would like that very much.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »
Was this at the screening in 2007?  I was there but I didn't get to meet many Brokies, but now that I think back, I do remember seeing most of you guys there.   :)

I was thinking you were going ot try and make it but had a family event going on.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #398 on: August 02, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »
Eric!! You're moving hot boyfriend!?

Wow, friend, that's great news! A real shot of light in this dark time!

Go Eric!

:-* :-*

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #399 on: August 02, 2010, 04:47:10 pm »
Tell you what. Already yesterday I started thinking that I hope her mother lets her continue to have contact with Gene and his boys, and with Rich's side of the family. I don't know anything about how her mother is now, but I remember how ... difficult ... she was about the divorce.  :-\

You have a good, caring heart, Lynne.

I think things have calmed down a lot, and it seems like she and Gene have a good relationship.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."