Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264313 times)

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #450 on: August 03, 2010, 11:31:57 am »
I am just sad and "empty" right now. What these Brokie losses keep reminding me is that love and friendship do not require a daily face-to-face relationship. My heart is broken for those left behind.

Wonderful words, RouxB, and very true...
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #451 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:32 am »
I learned of Rich's passing late Saturday, the day of my father's funeral.  (My father was 91. For years now, I had been dreading "the call", and it finally came early Wednesday morning.  But even when death is expected, it is still hard.) 

Oh Fran, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #452 on: August 03, 2010, 11:36:43 am »
hi everyone,
i have been on here and reading this thread for the past few days and wanting to contribute, but there really isn't much that i can add to all  the heartfelt messages everyone has already posted. they were very moving and touching.
i had met rich twice, in sf and again in nyc. i didn't know him very well but i know alot of people who really loved him so i know he was a wonderful man. he had everything going for him, a beautiful daughter that he adored, a life partner who was the love of his life  and a new business. there is just no sense to this.  so many people are going to miss him. this should not have happened. like mandi said, it just makes you want to hit a wall.
and fiona, i know we don't know each other, but what you wrote about the threads was absolutely beautiful and made me cry.
and eric, i am so happy for you and  mike, congratulations!!!! you deserve it.
and ted, enjoy your new life with jari. you deserve the best.
to everyone here , i give you my deepest sympathies and condolences. he is going to be so missed.
love,
teresa   

Thanks, Teresa, hope things are looking up for you too...
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #453 on: August 03, 2010, 11:59:08 am »
I learned of Rich's passing late Saturday, the day of my father's funeral.  (My father was 91. For years now, I had been dreading "the call", and it finally came early Wednesday morning.  But even when death is expected, it is still hard.)  I wish that Rich had been able to reach age 91, too, and my heart aches for Gene and the boys, for his beloved Elizabeth, and for his many, many friends.  I like the idea of a scholarship fund for Elizabeth, and I will honor Rich's memory by contributing to that.

May Rich's memory be a blessing forever.

Sorry about your dad, Fran.

I would like to find out how to contribute to the scholarship fund too. Life has been rough enough for this young lady, and I'd hate to see her miss out on an education too.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #454 on: August 03, 2010, 12:01:47 pm »
I learned of Rich's passing late Saturday, the day of my father's funeral.  (My father was 91. For years now, I had been dreading "the call", and it finally came early Wednesday morning.  But even when death is expected, it is still hard.)  I wish that Rich had been able to reach age 91, too, and my heart aches for Gene and the boys, for his beloved Elizabeth, and for his many, many friends.  I like the idea of a scholarship fund for Elizabeth, and I will honor Rich's memory by contributing to that.

May Rich's memory be a blessing forever.

Fran I am so sorry for your loss. It is a hard thing, my own mother is 88 and in reasonably good health, but I too am dreading that call.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #455 on: August 03, 2010, 12:20:13 pm »
hi everyone,
i have been on here and reading this thread for the past few days and wanting to contribute, but there really isn't much that i can add to all  the heartfelt messages everyone has already posted. they were very moving and touching.
i had met rich twice, in sf and again in nyc. i didn't know him very well but i know alot of people who really loved him so i know he was a wonderful man. he had everything going for him, a beautiful daughter that he adored, a life partner who was the love of his life  and a new business. there is just no sense to this.  so many people are going to miss him. this should not have happened. like mandi said, it just makes you want to hit a wall.
and fiona, i know we don't know each other, but what you wrote about the threads was absolutely beautiful and made me cry.
to everyone here , i give you my deepest sympathies and condolences. he is going to be so missed.
love,
teresa   

Teresa, It is so great to see you here and for you to contribute your thoughts and rememberances of Rich. I know you don't post much, but I wish you did post more. I think you always have a lot to say and add to any conversation.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #456 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:30 pm »
I would like to find out how to contribute to the scholarship fund too. Life has been rough enough for this young lady, and I'd hate to see her miss out on an education too.

Gene hasn't give me or Tru any details on that yet.  Once we have it, we'll post it.  Gene is aware that people want to make contributions, so once the details are ironed out, either Tru or I will post it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #457 on: August 03, 2010, 12:47:55 pm »
Gene hasn't give me or Tru any details on that yet.  Once we have it, we'll post it.  Gene is aware that people want to make contributions, so once the details are ironed out, either Tru or I will post it.

Thanks, Chuck. You and Truman have been quite stalwart through all of this. Keeping us in touch with developments is greatly appreciated.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #458 on: August 03, 2010, 12:53:44 pm »
hi everyone,
love,
teresa   

((Teresa)) :-*

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2010, 12:53:57 pm »
It helps to keeps busy.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."